Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Through Hood Air Intake?! :O

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Starting Member
BigEffingHammer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Well, dude, ... yo... the most functional and reliable hood scoop, especially in the tight spaces these trucks have, is.......
First off... That "yo" was meant to be "to" lol, and I am fine with a hood scoop doing nothing, it's just, if it can do something, I'd like it to eventually do that said thing
.. one that does nothing.

That is unless you are willing to actually put your actions where your mouth is:
If I am capable of it, then happily
Put a scoop right above where your airbox is and use that as a feed to the K&N shroud or even the stock airbox with extension and foam gasket to mate.
In regards to the tube/extension between the scoop and the filter/air box, is there a issue with it possibly being too long?
It's different, it is really a CAI.
Which is why I semi-want this. I didn't just want to replace my crappy paper filter with a higher quality cone filter, I wanted it to actually be a cold air intake.
For crying out loud, once you like it, get it blended into the hood sheet metal so it looks like you spent more than 25 bucks on itI was planning on making it beautiful and blend perfectly, and I probably won't be spending even $25 on it.
Thank you both for the responses.

Last edited by BigEffingHammer; 03-04-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Beginning Member
NHRABill is on a distinguished road

I have a functional hood scoop on my other car and I assume this may be what you are after. I like to be downright obnoxious sometimes

To each their own only way I put a scoop like that on my blazer with a 4.3 is if it was on top of a 4-71 blower

Old 03-13-2012, 08:41 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Now that needs a scoop

Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Starting Member
Guy_Buck is on a distinguished road

just wondering if the hood scoop ever happened. i was thinking about making one too. my plan was to get a cone filter to fit into the stock air box, then make a new top piece to meet the under side of the hood where my scoop would be. i have a hood im willing to cut and possibly mess up so i just need to start the project. any tips or advice would be a big help.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Beginning Member
dunnboy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NHRABill
I have a functional hood scoop on my other car and I assume this may be what you are after. I like to be downright obnoxious sometimes

To each their own only way I put a scoop like that on my blazer with a 4.3 is if it was on top of a 4-71 blower

Nice C3 wish mine had s blower lol

Hood scoop on a blazer not a good idea like said previous, water issues. WRX's have it for the top engine intercooler not so much intake if you've ever seen how subaru does their scoops you'd see how you'd want to Fab yours it'll be a ton of work and probably not look good but that's just my opinion

Old 11-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Starting Member
Joshs4x4 is on a distinguished road

Cowl hood FTW!