Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2 inch body lift pic request

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 05:40 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I have a three inch body lift and I did it myself but I dont like it . The lift blocks are hammering my cab mounts and they were good before , now my blazer looks like it folding in front of my doors . I think it might be a good idea to put a peice of flat steel between the lift blocks and the cab mounts . Have any of you other blazer owners had this problem ? It is so bad that reverse was park and I had to slam it into park to get it to go into park . And of course I broke the shift lever off so I had to get a used stearing column . But now its fixxed and the shft linkage is adjusted , till I get the cab mounts repaired .

Old 02-10-2011, 04:40 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys . . see i thought it was easy. but its just been so long. . and atv warrior.

putting plate there will help . you just reminded me of a post of another forum im on . and theres alot of older truck s on there where the mounts are rusting out. its either plate it or cut it off the frame and weld a new mount on...

Old 02-10-2011, 12:38 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

ONE MORE QUICK ONE! on my fullsize i had to extend the shifter linkage with a little weld in piece...... do i need to do that on this or not? if so then i need if not then i need to pick up my welder before to my buddies to do it next week.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Beginning Member
bd190 is on a distinguished road

Here's mine like the others said its pretty easy to do. Just set a side a weekend

Attached Thumbnails 2 inch body lift pic request-100_0346.jpg  
Old 02-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moores12345
I'll have to post a picture for you tomorrow. May not have the front or back bumpers on though because I have the wrong brackets to bring them up with the body. So I have to modify the ones that I got which I think are from an S10.

Truck will feel and look higher obviously and I also found mine quieter. Were it's higher up maybe I just can't hear the muffler/exhaust as much.

Edit:

I like that black you put around the wheel wells, you going to put it on the doors?
I would like to put bed liner on the bumpers and the bumps on the doors that carry over to the wheels wells

Old 02-21-2011, 02:20 AM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road
Default Here's my 2" PA

Originally Posted by Sturg
Hey guys I've looked everywhere and I just cant find what I'm looking for. I wanna see a blazer(s) running only a 2 inch body lift... no suspension lift or any of that just the body lift to see what it looks like. Any size tires are fine also. I'm planning on doing the 2 inch PA body lift and I'm excited and just want to see what I have to look forward to.
This is the only good picture I've got. Right after I got done putting the bumper and lights back on. Oh, and you will want to douse all body mounts, including the one hidden by the rear tire, with tons of WD-40 or PB Blaster 24 hours before hand or you will regret it. You won't have to disconnect the fuel hose or lengthen the battery cables. Installation is very simple, just plan a full day of work with hand tools and you'll be fine.

Attached Thumbnails 2 inch body lift pic request-0513001535.jpg  
Old 03-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Beginning Member
zokalr13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Last edited by swartlkk; 03-03-2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but what lift kits are you using and how much do they run? I'm not looking for full on off roading kits, but something reliable for a daily driver and to take down two tracks while hunting. Thanks.