Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2 inch suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 AM
Starting Member
Dlewis is on a distinguished road
Default 2 inch suspension lift

Hi every one. I have been around the lifted truck seen for my hole life but never installed a real lift kit. My question to all is do i have to drop the transfer case on 1997 chevy blazer when i do a 2 inch suspension lift with a 4 inch body lift? Also where is the better choice for buying the kits?

Old 03-02-2018, 06:49 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

you will also need different upper arms to help with ball joint angle and longer shackles in the back. And never heard of 4 inch body lifts for blazers

Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

4" body lift is excessive on any vehicle imo. I wouldn't go further than a 2 inch body lift especially on an s-series.

If you want to do a 2 inch lift just buy the rough country 2.5" kit that comes with the differential drop bracket, and proper upper control arms.

If you're looking to get 6" of lift, i woild just get a 6" suspension lift. Rough country and superlift have 6 inch kits available.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

I did maybe not quite, but almost, a 2" lift on my Blazer. I used the Rough Country upper control arms, a torsion bar adjustment and new rear shackles. It was all pretty easy except for getting bolts for the rear shackles out. (I had to use LOTS of penetrant.) My .sig file has some to of the details.

Here is my write-up on what I did: https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...on-lift-95744/

Old 03-02-2018, 11:22 PM
Starting Member
Dlewis is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Well i just learned a few things here. Thanks everyone. I do have one concern. The ruff country lift kits. I was informed that they are not that great. Durability is what i am needing. I tend to get really rough with my vehicles. I have the tendency to push as far as possible. Four and four is best. I will take that. I just need to be sure its going to last. Thanks again everyone.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:59 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dlewis
Well i just learned a few things here. Thanks everyone. I do have one concern. The ruff country lift kits. I was informed that they are not that great. Durability is what i am needing. I tend to get really rough with my vehicles. I have the tendency to push as far as possible. Four and four is best. I will take that. I just need to be sure its going to last. Thanks again everyone.
I'm curious as to what you learned about the 2.5" RC kits that make them not so durable. I ask as I don't think I've heard much about them having any weaknesses.

What I have heard is that those who are serious about having a really tough 4x4 in a Blazer get rid of the the IFS (independent front suspension) and instead install a solid axle. Solid-Axle Chevy S10 Blazer

Have you looked into that?

Old 03-09-2018, 06:12 AM
Former Sponsor
carid is infamous around these parts

You may want to check our body and suspension lift kits available for the 1997 Blazer here: https://www.carid.com/1997-chevy-blazer-lift-kits/