Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2 inch torsion key lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:24 AM
flarvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 inch torsion key lift

Ijust put in a 2 inch torsion key lift on my blazerthen i realized i should get new upper control arms. now im in a panic to get some before my ball bearings and stuff start to wear out fast. i need to know where to get some after market upper control arms!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 2 inch torsion key lift

The problem with new upper control arms is that you still are not correcting the half shaft angles... You can get all the safe lift possible on stock keys. If you top out on stock keys, then it is possible that your torsion bars are weak and aftermarket keys would be able to push you further, but anything over 2" without dropping the IFS diff and you are asking for CV axle problems.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Synergy Offroad is about the only place I know where you can buy just the UCAs. link.

Did you use a new torsion bar key?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 AM

yeah i used a spring tech2 inch torsion key lift and rear shacles for the backand thencranked my torsion bolts then i got the allignment and thenafter the alignment it brought the front up another 1/4 inch then i noticed a slight vibration so today i took the torsion adjuster bolts out to try to drop the front abit but the bars are still cranked but it doesnt vibrate anymore but how would i be able to lower the front dif?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:06 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

With some talented and well thought out welding/cutting, with a touch of fabrication.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:14 AM

wow not even touching it. i like bolt on parts cause you could always unbolt them if things go bad

Old 06-03-2008, 12:26 AM

plus it would require exhaust mods because the front driveshaft would not clear the exhaust after getting angled down

Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

They make bolt on suspension lifts (5-6" variety) for the S-series trucks, but they are $$$$!

On a side note, please use the edit feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply...

Old 06-03-2008, 07:17 PM

thanks ill remember to edit im new to this forum stuff. thanks for all the help and how do you put pics of ur ride under a message?

Old 09-20-2008, 12:29 PM
bad350v8s10tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point

BDS upper control arms rock, they are good for stock up too 6 inch lift