Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2wd front

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:25 AM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2wd front

put an add-a-leaf on for the extra wieght or a helper spring

jimmyboy
aka silveradoboy

Old 07-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

do they make any 2.5 lift shackles anywhere?

Old 07-14-2008, 11:53 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Have you measured the height difference on your blazer? They won't ALL be the same... My blazer is higher in the back. Its also 10+ years old... jimmyboy was saying 3front/2back because most blazers are a little higher in the back.

It's very possible that your truck sits higher in the front than in the back. The best thing to do would be to go out and measure how much height difference there is between the front and back. Measure from either the ground to the top of the wheel well or from the top of the tire to the top of the wheel well.

After you've measured the difference, then start asking for suggestions and how to lift the front and back and keep it level.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Starting Member

oh i got you know but i had it all messed up becouse when i first joined they said that you want to lift ur back higher then front cuz after awhile the rear will sag. after lifting it so if i lift the front 2 i should get a 3 inch shackle and after so on miles the leaf will sag to a 2 to make level. whitch i guess isint right. year my back does sit higher then the front.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:55 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

As a general rule, trucks/SUVs have a forward rake because usually buyers of this type of vehicle will utilize the weight carrying capabilities, or else they would simply own a sedan. To account for that, they give the back a higher starting point. That's why you can buy leveling kits for the fullsize trucks, which are essentially 1-2' spacers for the front suspension. And my leaf packs have 100k miles and 8 years on them with a decent amount of hauling and towing, and no sag. Don't bank on sagging to even your lift out.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Breezy is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 2002 2wd s10 blazer & i need advice on ordering a suspension/body lift kit... are there any companies out there that make one?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:43 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

nope. there's no way to lift these trucks.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Breezy is an unknown quantity at this point

really? damn thats disappointing. thx

Old 07-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Starting Member

if 4x4s can get a small amout a lift in frontif they tweak their t-bars. what does a 2wd have? that can i tweak to get a small 1 or 2 inch. yes i do know that 2wd dont have t-bars.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:21 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

2WD's have coil springs in the front. You can either buy newer, stiffer, longer coil springs to push the front up higher or you can buy lift spindles. I haven't looked to see what all kinds are out there and I'm not sure how much lift either of them will give you.

Quick Reply: 2wd front