Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2wd lift questions??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Beginning Member
cueball is on a distinguished road
Default 2wd lift questions??

I have been looking into lifting my 97 2dr 2wd to fit at least 31" tires under her.
My options are:

Lift coil springs 2"= $120
Coil spacers 2" = $60
Rear shackles 2" = $80
Rear add a leafs = $ ???
Body Lift 2" = $120

What combination should I use? I want to stay as close to stock ride as I can. Also I would be doing the work myself so the less work the better. Can I combine all of the above components to get 5-6" of total lift? or are they not made to go together? Thanks for any help!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Don't listen to people who may criticize you for lifting a 2WD. If that's what you want, go for it.

2WD's are much easier to lift compared to 4WD and for the most part, yes you can install all of those components. I would go with the body lift first. It should retain the ride quality and handle the best. If you want more lift after that, I would then install lift spindles in the front and add-a-leaf in the rear.

Theres a member here named 'cyukio' who had a 2WD llifted pretty high. I'll see if I can find pics

Old 09-07-2009, 10:49 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

You would be surprised how well a 2WD (and a little common sense behind the wheel) can handle offroad, ive seen some 2WD's do some pretty incredible things.

X2 on the body lift, its the best way to maintain quality and safety.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:46 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

x3 on the body lift. It's also a lot less involved (parts wise). It's the installation that is the hard part, but even still if you take a weekend and have a few buddies on it you could easily do it.
I agree with the 2WD too, it won't do near as much as a 4x4, but you can still have a decent amount of fun with them. You should be able to fit 31's on it with a body lift as well. It's actually what I'm looking at for my first lift..but that will be years away lol.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Beginning Member
cueball is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advise. I'm going to start with the body lift. I let you know how it goes....