Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

2WD lift?........

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Beginning Member
nadaoriginal84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2WD lift?........

what's goin guys and gals? now i've searched this entire forum to try to find the answer to my question. I'm new to this forum but i'm not new to how the forum works and how people get annoyed when a question is asked by multiple people, multipe times. I know it is not ideal to lift a 2WD but i like the looks. i just want to lift it a couple of inches to gain some clearance. the only thing i'm new to is lifting. i've owned cars before and i've always lowered them. the only thing is that i don't know what is involved in lifting this truck. i'm not looking to spend a load of money and i've read all over this forum that a body lift is pointless if you want to get more clearance from the ground to the lowest part of the truck. i do want to gain a couple inches. i was just thinking about puttin 30" tires on to gain about a half an inch. But if i can gain a little more without goin crazy. i know that a suspension lift will alter the durability and comfort of the ride but like i said, i just want to go up a couple inches. so how much of a difference would it be. like i said earlier, i know its not ideal to lift a 2WD but i like the looks. Also, i'm a pretty crazy driver. goin over curbs and stuff. i'm not plannin on goin on mud trails but construction in chicago really sucks. one time i was in my saturn station wagon, that sit pretty low stock, tryin to make my way to the highway when the ramp was under construction. there was a truck in front of me that was goin around it. i believed that it was a detour but no......he went over a curb and onto some dirt to get around it. i was following so close to him that i didn't realize until it was too late. luckily the curb wasn't too high. so if you have any ideas or input about what i'm about to get into, i would appreciate all the advice i can get. thank you.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Beginning Member
Default RE: 2WD lift?........

I found 2" lifting springs for 2wds on ebay. if i use those and a "lift or lower" kit from autozone, would that work? would i have to do anything else?

Old 06-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Beginning Member

guess i'm on my own for this one. thanx

Old 06-30-2007, 09:38 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

You should have posted your question in the Lifting section...

Anyway, you'll need lifting blocks for the rear andtaller springs and shocks for the front.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Beginning Member

right i realized that after i posted in here. i didn't want to be an even bigger idiot and post to of the same threads. i was wondering how the lifting blocks work. i don't understand them too much. i work at autozone and i was takin a look at the ones we have. sorry if this is a dumb question.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:19 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

The ones you have should work. Check to see iff your axle is on top of the leaf springs, if it is you'll need to move the axle under the leaf springs and put a block in it then bolt it up with U-bolts, if your axle is under the leaf springs, use a block and square u-bolts. The block is a spacer between the axle and the springs, thus lifting.
The ones at autozone are universal, but you have to distinguish for yourself whether you nee u-bolts of square u-bolts, get my drift?

Old 07-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Beginning Member

i got it. thanx. i appreciate the help and explanation. now if i do the springs for the front. would that change the camber?