Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

31s on 94 4dr

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Beginning Member
S10BEAST is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx to those with the input re: wheels, I'm hoping I can get some input onshocks. STILL can't get anything concrete, hoping that someone that has done something similar will come forward...

Do I need to get longer shocks with a 3' body lift? Or, with a 2" body lift and 1-1.5" shackle? This is what's stopping me from ordering stuff, and I am having difficulty listening to what I'm hearing from others (ALL mechanics, believe it or not). Too many conflicting inputs.......

As far as wheels go, thx much for the input, I'm going with some 15x7 4" BS US Wheels, and I appreciate the help.

Thx all, one of these days I'll take some pics of this thang, just so I "join the club!"

Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

as stated earlier in the post, you will be fine with ur stock shocks there is no need to get longer ones, however you might consider upgrading to a stiffer shock(bilsteins for example)thatll handle the extra weight of the wheels and tires.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Beginning Member

^ I don't see it stated anywhere in the thread that I'd be fine with stock shocks... But thanks for saying so. I've had many different answers to that simple question from others.

I do want to stiffen the feel up some, I was thinking about Rancho RSX, or perhaps some Reflex monotubes... Apparently my truck came with a factory "soft ride" option, or something to that effect, gotta fix that!

Thanks for the info!

Old 04-06-2009, 06:47 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

post #9 by bandidolenny. as far as the shocks go just pick which ever one you like in the stock size and youll be just fine and shouldnt have any problems.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Beginning Member

^ Noted and acknowledged. I must've missed that one... lol.

Leaning towards the Rancho RSXs, they're not too bad on Summit, and a buddy of mine has them and really likes them. Is a steering stabilizer worth adding, or is that just throwing stuff on for the hell of it? If some would recommend it, I'll add it on, but otherwise wondering if I just just save the $75...

Also, do any of you know where to find a steering extension for a 3" body lift? On the BDS Suspension site, it says 94s need one, but they only offer a 2" lift (for quite a bit more than other places, wonder why?). Performance accessories offers a 3", but no mention of neccessity of extension, nor are they (apparently) available anywhere on their site. I'm doing some looking online as well, just have come up empty so far...

Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 PM

im pretty sure the performance accessories kit will come with everything you need, but you may want to call/email just to make sure and as far as the steering stabilizer ive never seen anyone run one with a 2-3" lift so you should be fine without it.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S10BEAST

1. I'm really in favor of doing the 3" I think I'll need via body lift alone. I've seen a SuperLift kit and a Summit brand kit, for about $133 and $65 respectively. Any recommendations? I'm inclined to go with the SuperLift, as my past experiences have taught me that something that seems too good to be true, usually is.

Also, I looked at the BDS site, and was pretty convinced on the quality of thier product, but they only offer 2" kits for 94s, and as I said, I'd like to do it all with a body lift.

Any recommendations on the kit choice would be helpful...
Honestly the only difference in those 3" bl kits is the summit one does not come with brackets to relocate the bumpers, this is the kit I ended up with on my 94 cost me 45 minutes and $30 in steel to fab up my own (yeah I know i'm slow but been really busy with the blazer lately and haven't had time to get to the forums) so imo the other 3" kits just aren't worth it an extra $100 just for brackets? no thanks not with our current economy.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Z85 is a suspension package. Like a Z71 or ZR2 or a Z28.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Beginning Member
hardyboy is on a distinguished road

i have a 1994 s15 jimmy and all you need to do to put 31s on it is crank torsion bars up in front and put air shocks on the rear my brother had a 94 s10 blazer and put the 3in. body lift in his it looked sharp with the 31s on that and being all black and the frame rails were painted hot rod green it was totaled out but didn't have to be it was all able to be repaired but the car it hit was never gonna move again