Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

31x10.5 with 3.75" backspacing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Starting Member
_HeC_ is on a distinguished road
Default 31x10.5 with 3.75" backspacing?

i found a set of 31s on some black procomp rock crawler rims with a back spacing of 3.75". will this be alright for a 99 jimmy?

i know it wont clear stock but my shackles are in the mail and tbar crank will get done with shackle install

Old 09-25-2011, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I doubt you'll be able to turn much unless you cut your fenders. I have 4" backspacing and couldn't turn the steering wheel more than about 15 degrees either direction without the tires hitting. After trimming, I don't have any problems.

Also, how wide are the wheels? 8" wide will push them out further and it might be harder to get them to fit well.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Starting Member

how much trimming did you have to do? i dont want my fenders to look like ****

rims are 8"s wide, im planning on a 2" BL aswell but would like them to fit with just the suspension lift
they would look so nice on my black jimmy lol

Last edited by _HeC_; 09-26-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Starting Member
CenTexBiker is on a distinguished road

u will have to cut about 3 inches off the lower edge to get them to not hit

btw those will look awesome

what kinda deal did you get on those? seems you fellas in Canada have better deals than down here in texas

Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by _HeC_
how much trimming did you have to do? i dont want my fenders to look like ****

rims are 8"s wide, im planning on a 2" BL aswell but would like them to fit with just the suspension lift
they would look so nice on my black jimmy lol
A body lift will help a lot.

I think it was about 2.5" measured from the bottom. I tried my best to blend it in with the curve of the wheel well. It turned out pretty well, I think. I notice it because I look at it a lot but I've never had anyone that I know ask me why there are some open holes at the bottom of my fenders. The pic on the bottom is from a couple weeks ago, 9+ months since I cut them and no rust at all.

Also, I just noticed in your pic, the holes for the lugnuts look like they're wearing out. One of our members posted a while back about some procomp wheels that were part of a bad batch or something and the lug nuts reamed out the holes and a wheel came off while driving. It's probably just the black finish that's come off but make sure you check them over real well before mounting them.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Starting Member

I need to take a pic of the trimming I did

cut a pie slice out of bottom and stitch welded it back so that I would have no holes and the liner would be attached

Old 09-27-2011, 12:12 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by CenTexBiker
I need to take a pic of the trimming I did

cut a pie slice out of bottom and stitch welded it back so that I would have no holes and the liner would be attached
Yeah, this is the good way to do it. I started out that way and sort of messed up the sliver that I tried to leave so I just cut it all off.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Starting Member

I do understand how that is. if you ever try it on another vehicle and you mess up the sliver, just put a piece behind the cut and stitch it together

Old 09-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Starting Member

that rim/tire combination is going for $550cdn OBO, im gonna see if he wants to part with the rubber as i have my eye on some irocs

that trimming you did actually doesnt look to bad but i would like that hole to be filled in lol

Old 10-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Starting Member

well aslong as everything goes well ill have the above tire/rim combo this weekend

my lift shackles arrived and i just bought a mig welder last week so i guess my fender will be my first task with it. sold one of my cars aswell so might order my bodylift.... cant wait!