Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

5" lift shackle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 08:54 PM
p8ntmods is on a distinguished road
Default 5" lift shackle?

I was cruising the web when I came across these 5" lift shackles by crown suspension. This seems like a cheap way to gain more lift. Has anyone tried these? Any opinions?

S10 Blazer Sonoma Jimmy Lift Shackles

Old 10-13-2014, 10:33 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

That seems like a very high amount of lift for just shackles. The shackle has to be 2" longer than stock for every 1" of lift, so for 5", it would have to be 10" longer than stock. Wouldn't that be like a 14" long shackle? Maybe so, but it seems like it wouldn't be very strong, in respect to side to side forces?

edit: not to mention, what are you doing for the front? You're only going to get like, what, a couple inches from the t-bars? Your truck will have a nice dragster rake to it! Unless the leafs have sagged, and most of the 5" is needed just to get back to stock height?

Old 10-14-2014, 09:12 PM
p8ntmods is on a distinguished road

Hmmmmm, I was thinking because the shackle is adjustable that it could possibly be used as a 3" or 4" lift shackle and then use aftermarket torsion keys to get 3" out of the front. Adjustable front control arms could also be used to bring camber back within spec. I might have to take one for the team and give theses a shot. I am genuinely interested.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:21 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by p8ntmods
Hmmmmm, I was thinking because the shackle is adjustable that it could possibly be used as a 3" or 4" lift shackle
Not a bad idea. If you do it, take some before, and a full 5" after picture!

$75 isn't too bad of a price; I paid like $20 for some cheap Auto Zone 2" shackles, and the ones you posted look to be a LOT better quality. Mine are just two seperate pieces of flat steel with some holes drilled in them!

Old 10-15-2014, 03:17 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by p8ntmods
Hmmmmm, I was thinking because the shackle is adjustable that it could possibly be used as a 3" or 4" lift shackle and then use aftermarket torsion keys to get 3" out of the front. Adjustable front control arms could also be used to bring camber back within spec. I might have to take one for the team and give theses a shot. I am genuinely interested.
ohh, you`ll be taking one alright. buy some new axles balljoints and hubs to replace a few later also

Old 10-15-2014, 01:29 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Man this has got to be like a bad Beverly Hills boob job, all cockeyed and out of alignment. I want pictures.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Starting Member
01 Jimmy SLE is on a distinguished road

I'm going to have to agree with LeWhite on this one. A 3" torsion lift... you'll wear through front end parts real quick, and by the time you add up the cost of replacing everything a few times plus the shackles and keys.. you're better off to get a proper lift. Also, shackles that long will stick way out beneath the body. You'll be able to see at least a couple inches of the shackle hanging down