Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

95 Blazer 3inch body and suspension lift.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Beginning Member
1995ChevyBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 Blazer 3inch body and suspension lift.

ok sorry for any spelling errors.

so i have a 95 blazer and not alot of money so I was hoping you guys could answer some questions. I've read lots of forums on everything but i just wanna clear it up simple as can be.

first off my friend had ranked his torsion bars as far as he could and 2 days later noticed his cv joints are fck'd. so i was wondering is it possible to lower the front diff and get away without having to lower the a-frames to have enough clearence to rank the torsion bars as far as they will go without the axles being on too much of a tilt. or would i have to lower the a-frames as well?

2nd i have str8 angle irons bars 1/2thick 1" 1/2 wide by 9 inch long and have 4, 1/2" by 4"1/2 long bolts with lock nuts only cost me $5 so its no biggy if they are to small, because i noticed the bolts in the rear shakles for the leafs look to be about 3/4". so would putting the 1/2" bolts be too small? they are gr8.

3rd for the body lift i've been talking to alot of ppl and have known a few ppl to use hockey pucks for a body lift. but what kind of store would sell solid rubber that could be bought in about 3"in long by bout 2" wide. or should i go 3" wide blocks. now i've read that some ppl have had to move some wires around so that there wouldn't be too muh tension but i haven't seen anyone say anything about hoses to heater or ac core, or anything about the steering coloum. now for the bolts does anyone know what size come factory in the blazer or are there different sizes around the truck and how many there are in total?

if theres anything else that i could do for either the suspension lift or body lift thats easier besides taking it to someone to do. lol. please let me know. I wanna do this for a project so as much information that i can get would be great. I wanna start doing it asap, so hopefully you guys can give me some insight on this project.

ignore the body im doing the body work after I get everything else done. cant wait. midnight blue with chrome trim and possibly lightning mirraled onto it. but thats a maybe. lol

Attached Thumbnails 95 Blazer 3inch body and suspension lift.-picture-072.jpg