Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Starting Member
bdemutis is on a distinguished road
Default Body lift?

So I'm on springbreak next week so I'm going to work for my dad to get money whats the cheapest body lift I can get. I'm getting crown-shackles off there site for $34 or so and I'm doing a 2inch shackle and 1.5 t-bar crank. I'm looking for a cheap body lift to add 2" ontop of the T-bar crank. Blazer is a 96.

Last edited by bdemutis; 03-22-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

What year?

Old 03-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by rexmburns
What year?
It's a 96 blazer LS sorry should of put that. I want to go higher than 4" but I don't want to spend 2k or how ever much it is on the rough country 6" lift I baught my blazer for $850 lol. I was wondering is there anyway of lifting it with parts from a u-pull it yard without buying a kit. I mean I have everything in my garage to custom build. Maybe I should just get some steel and tractor tires and make a swamp buggy jk.

Last edited by bdemutis; 03-22-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

The biggest body lift you will find for it is 2". It's a performances accessories 132 kit. Google that and you will find amazon has the best price shipped at $150. Do try and cobble something together from a junk yard as it would not be at all safe! That with your tbar and shackles will get you close to 4".

Old 03-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by rexmburns
The biggest body lift you will find for it is 2". It's a performances accessories 132 kit. Google that and you will find amazon has the best price shipped at $150. Do try and cobble something together from a junk yard as it would not be at all safe! That with your tbar and shackles will get you close to 4".
Well I need new shocks too because they feel to soft like it floats but will putting new shocks on it even do anything. Most people I know cobble stuff from the pull it yard it's cheaper then paying 2k I was just wondering about it.

Last edited by bdemutis; 03-22-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Shocks don't give you lift. Your only option for more safe lift than above it SAS or spend $2k for a lift!

Old 03-22-2013, 03:10 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

with the design of the front IFS, "piecing" something together, i think would be almost impossible, the rear maybe, but its the front that gets you, and after doing a 5" bds lift and the amout of engineering for the suspension pieces on that kit, i would seriously just stay with the torsion bar and shackle lift,any other way will just be dangerous, but like others will tell you, SAS or IFS lift, you gotta pay to play. for what its worth
but if you want to go 4" whats another 2", plus you already have it

Last edited by okiedoak20; 03-22-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Ive seen guys cut the frome off the front of a junk yard blazer and bolt ot under the original front and it gives a 6" lift and is solid as stock

Old 03-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

That's among the top five stupidest things I have ever heard! OP disregard chestys rediculous suggestion!!

Old 03-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Personally ifs is garbage and would suggest solid axle conversion

Quick Reply: Body lift?