Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

body lift spacer question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 11:44 AM
stevenf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default body lift spacer question

I just started on my body lift and im curious as to how the spacers go on the frame/body. Do the spacers touch the frame and the body or do they need washers? The stock ones seem to be molded on the original bushing. Do I just put the 2" spacer in between the frame and the body, with no washers?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: body lift spacer question

How many washers/spacers came in the kit?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:56 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I feel like that should be pretty well noted in the instructions, but I have not done a body lift, so I'm just speculating

Old 05-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the instructions should call it out fairly well, but of the lift kits I have installed on fullsize trucks, the instructions are often photo copies of who knows how many other photo copies and the pictures don't always show very well.

What is the manufacturer and PN of the lift kit you are installing? That information might help us a bit...

Old 05-02-2008, 02:15 PM

I figured it out, the 2" spacers had to be set on top of the stock bushing so it went as followed. Frame+Stock bushing+ spacer+body.
The instructions were rediculous! Take off the lower fan shroud, take off the rear bumper, take off the air intake system, undo the gas tank filler tube, unbolt the vacuum pump on th epassenger side fender well under the hood.
Each one of thoughs things was COMPLETELY unneccessary!!!!!!! I guess Ill know incase I have to do this agin.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:13 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

thats good info to have! Are you taking pics?!

Old 05-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Glad you got it figured out!

Old 05-02-2008, 04:21 PM

No I didnt take any pictures. I will after Im done.