Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Horrible time finding lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 PM
ChawJaw18 is on a distinguished road
Default Horrible time finding lift

Can someone please help.
Looking for lift. Body or Susp. Somewhere around $400 or so.
Just got a '97 Blazer 4wd for my birthday a few months ago.
Recently bought a set of Ion Alloy 182's 15x8, and wanna run 31's or 32's.
Want something a bit more than a 2" but no more that 5". Have looked everywhere from 4wheelonline to suspensionconnect to rockymountain and cant find anything for my vehical within a resonable price. And the few that i have found are spring packages rather that torsion bars.

Please help. Let me know whats liftin you or your buddys up that could help me out.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ChawJaw18
Can someone please help.
Looking for lift. Body or Susp. Somewhere around $400 or so.
Just got a '97 Blazer 4wd for my birthday a few months ago.
Recently bought a set of Ion Alloy 182's 15x8, and wanna run 31's or 32's.
Want something a bit more than a 2" but no more that 5". Have looked everywhere from 4wheelonline to suspensionconnect to rockymountain and cant find anything for my vehical within a resonable price. And the few that i have found are spring packages rather that torsion bars.

Please help. Let me know whats liftin you or your buddys up that could help me out.
There are none. These vehicles aren't that great for lifting.

About all you can do to get into the range you're wanting is to do a body lift as well as a small suspension lift.

There are 2" suspension lift kits which can also be cheaply done by just cranking the torsion bars up (the kits come with new adjusters instead of using the stock ones). There are 2" and 3" body lifts although the 3" are intended for first gen trucks and you'd have to come up with your own bumper brackets. There are also the much more expensive 5" and 6" lifts. Those come with brackets to lower the control arms, front differential, axle shaft and torsion bar crossmember.

If you look around the lifting tech subforum (I'm going to move this thread there) you will find a lot of info regarding different lifts and methods.

*moving to lifting tech*

Old 07-09-2011, 10:59 PM
ChawJaw18 is on a distinguished road

Can you torque the factory tbars for a little more lift? If so whats required to do so?

Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

go on my signature there should be 2 help links . in one of them there should be a thread showing how to crank your tbars Good luck