Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

i need advice from anybody willing to give it

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:08 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevyguyjc87
Ok honestly guys if your not going give me the advice that i asked for don't post in here
THE THREAD IS CALLED: "i need advice from anybody willing to give it"

chevyguyjc87: Take another look through this. When you post a thread like this asking for a lift, and we suggest BL and shackles early on, you said you instead wanted a SL that doesn't exist.

Fine! Let's check it out then. So, no offense, but for the same money you could get a liftable 4wd, you are told. You consider this, but dont think that you can find the options you want. Options common in almost any LT package... Then after saying you just bought a blazer, now you think it would not be a good idea to sell the blazer your dad gave you, which you grew up working on.

you then said you found the only SL that will work for you AND a BL is suddenly in the cards. I got lost in the thread and started talking about torsion bar (you dont have them) and the bottom of the second page isn't helpful to you since it applies to t-bars, your lack there of, and my re-reading through this.

Next, someone suggests going with a spring-over option (leaf on top of axle instead of under) and getting longer/different springs in the front. Even linked you up to spacers....

THEN, you come on and say you are some country kid who can fab up anything you need. Well DAMN MAN! why waste time asking us to help you out if you already knew you wanted something that didn't exist and would be making it in your back yard? Instead, in 7 minutes of searching, we could have found you the best price on a 6" SL, you could order, and A.K.A THE COUNTRY's best suspension tech could weld a bunch of crap in places you dont have to jack the front up. Hell, maybe you can go pick up 2 torsion bars from a junkyard or a neighbor's back yard and weld it to you frame then down to you axle! now you have a 4' front lift!

Don't get touchy because the answer to your question is not to your liking. If you want a 6" SL but cant have it, and found a 2" SL and 2" BL you like, GET THEM. And please enjoy them. Love your truck too. take care of it. have a good time. but dont get mad when we try and you dont like the results.

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-16-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Beginning Member
chevyguyjc87 is on a distinguished road

ok no offense to anybody but i dont like hearing that there is no reason to lift a 2wd thats all im saying and i'm not saying that i haven't got any advice from ya'll cause i have, bottom line i'm keeping the 2wd and i just wanted to know whats out there to get it up in the air with out having to rig up a backwoods lift i want quality not quantity........and i wouldn't really consider myself a kid either young yes but being 22 labels me as a adult........ but anyways thank you everyone for all the advice

Last edited by chevyguyjc87; 12-16-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:43 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

chevyguy, for our trucks since we don't have 4x4 that means we don't have t-bars. Without spending BIG bucks on a full suspension lift.. check out these options..

1: 2" Body lift.
2. 2" Shackles
3. 3.5" lift

That is about 5.5" inches in the front and 6.5" in the rear. ALL of those items can be purchased for a grand total of about $1200. Not too bad.. Here's the link to the 3.5" lift, I think I provided you with links for the BL and shackles earlier in the thread.

BTW, don't take offense to these guys, they're just tossin in their 2 cents. Yes I agree the whole sell it and buy a 4x4 is uncalled for since that's not the kind of info you were looking for, but they meant well by it.

Also, someone feel free to correct me on the total height gained with all of those items, I'm pretty sure it is accurate though.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Beginning Member
chevyguyjc87 is on a distinguished road

that lift wont fit 99 blazers

Old 12-16-2009, 03:43 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

so why not make it a hover craft like i suggested?
this fits

or a different one

or

some of that action

worst case senario, you have to search for the proper part number and abetter price.
you = hover craft FTW.

also no one said there is no reason to lift a 2wd. you may have thought that when we said, we too, could not find a 6" SL for you, and the options available to you would leave you with a bunch of front rake and no where near the height you wanted.

with a 4" air lift and 2" BL you will ge tthe 6" you wanted. you can then drop some shackles and coil spacers and possibly get up to 7-7.5" MAX.

there are other options: Front SAS, leaf over front/rear will get you up quite a bit.

the only reason i said back woods lift it is because you said you are in the country and dont mind back woods-ing your lift..... look man, im not tring to argue with you. i think the fact that i have chimed in with several options shows you that. hell even when i say dont get your feeling hurt i dont actually mean im afraid of hurting your feelings, in all honesty, if you do not like what i have to offer, disregard it, tha tis the beauty of an internet forum. calling you a country kid WTF ever. i'll appologize no disrespct meant to you 22 or 16, doesn't matter to me. i am sorry if the blunt/direct way i put things isn't the easiest way of hearing some of the crap i say.

again, no disrespct ment, i truly want to see you succeed, and at worst, i'll be able to point people back to this the next time a 2wd wants lift since there is a pretty good options/shopping list here in.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:43 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Dangit man I did not even see that. That's stupid the 98-99 are the exact same as the 00-05.. they're the same generation.

Let me see what else I can come up with.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:17 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chevyguyjc87
.........i don't remember who did it but don't call me a poser just because i want to lift my 2wd blazer you don't know me you know my reasoning behind it............
that'd be me, . and i wasn't calling you a poser, i was calling your truck a poser. and it's my opinion, "you don't like it, so what, i don't care." (a little Rob Base & DJ Easy Rock for ya).

Originally Posted by ABN31B
THE THREAD IS CALLED: "i need advice from anybody willing to give it"

chevyguyjc87: Take another look through this............Don't get touchy because the answer to your question is not to your liking. If you want a 6" SL but cant have it, and found a 2" SL and 2" BL you like, GET THEM. And please enjoy them. Love your truck too. take care of it. have a good time. but dont get mad when we try and you dont like the results.
edited down for space, but couldn't have said it any better myself Curtis.

and since i'm not an *** hat-even though my refex response was to tell ya to "go rub salt in your ***", i called Fabtech-that's right, i took time outta my busy schedule to find out the reason why the '98 to '03 trucks are not able to use that kit-even though it was the kit i was refering to, a couple of pages back.

and i was more looking for the answer for myself-better ammo for the arguement/discussion, knowledge is key my friend-and the head tech @ Fabtech said, the reason it isn't available for those years is because of the style of spindle used starting in '98 (bolt-in spindle versus pressed-in spindle). so you could put them on your truck, since i believe it's only the ABS system that is affected, but you may want to see if the bj's & tierods are the same, 'cause if they are, they'll bolt up for sure. you could change the sensors over to the older style. but i'm not even 100% certain that the sensors will work between the systems, and that's an awfully expensive kit to try and see if it'll work.

see, i'm not an *******, but can become one if push hard enough.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:36 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

ummm, no offense, but have you even read the OP? I'm not the one doing this-i'm the one scratching my head going, "why the hell are you doing this?!?" he owns a 2WD, yet he wants to jack it up like a 4x4. Besides, a Caprice has the same spindle as a full size (you were refering to the "Donk" look i take it?), so it's not useable on a Dime (was that what you were trying to imply?) And there are quite a few options for lifting the front of a 4x4 S10/Blazer/Jimmy.

Sorry, I don't know why the hell I put your name in there. My apoligies on that and I'll edit that post. I didn't say to use the same lift as a caprice or 300. I was just saying that now adays you can lift a 2wd car, so lifting a 2wd truck shouldn't be too hard to do. What's good options for lifting the front of a 4wd blazer? Love to hear some besides the aftermarket torsion keys that can damage the front end suspension componets. And the expensive 5 and 6 inch suspension lifts and SFA swaps. And I've already got the body lift done. I can't think of much else practical or economical. (not being a ***** or anything, just maybe you knew of a lift idea I didn't.) As far as lifting a 2wd, why not? I don't understand why people think all 2wd s10s and blazers should be lowered and have 18 inch wheels. Or why all 4wd should have a lift and 31 inch tires. I don't understand why people put metal drag wings that are made for a rwd car on fwd cars. Or why people invest major $ in an audio system and can't afford a couple hundred dollars of dynamat so it doesn't sound like a paint mixer rolling by. But if thats what they want and need help customizing, I'll help if I can and wish them the best. Agian sorry for the name mix up.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:59 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Chevyguyjc87. I love this site, but like with any hobby, there are some common ideas that people accept as almost guidelines to that hobby. Some say only lower 2wd trucks. The older generation looks at them and says why lower a truck at all? Theres always gonna be people that smirk at ideas that are out of the ordinary, but as long as it is what you desire, no one elses opinion matters but your own. It's your ride, not thiers after all. Then agian I've had my 4x4 blazer for two years and it's had 22 inch wire wheels, then lowered 3 inches, now body lift 3 inches and waiting on some 265-70-16 all terrains for my camaro wheels to go on it. Anyone remember the 2wd chevy baja? lifted 2wd from the factory, or the lowered awd sy/ty's. So was GM stupid for making those? Make your ride what you see in your mind, not what your buddies have. Sorry to ramble, I'll leave yall alone

Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 AM
mobydick38 is on a distinguished road

im an old corvette/chevy guy. you can get an old straight front axel off the internet and fab. brackets and put blocks or leafs. its just like ol gasser style dragsters. you need to look on gasser style forums. i have a 38 chevy with 12 inches of lift on the front. get an old school straight axel and there you go. leafs or blocks take your pick.

Quick Reply: i need advice from anybody willing to give it