Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lift started

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 05:45 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lift started

So as we have taken the body off the frame and have the rear shackles taken out the guy helping me weld the shackles asked me if I wanted to make straight ones or boomerang shackles. I have never heard of them before, but he said that they slightly improve ride quality. Is this extra fab work for no reason or should I just stick with the straight ones we have already made? BTW I am making them 8" center to centerhole to give me 2" of lift in the back. Oh and the body is off for the body lift. I have a day or so before we can do anything because the wheels they sent me were the wrong bolt pattern and I already sold my other tires.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Lift started

Pics!!!! And that sucks about the wheels...where'd you order them from?

Old 01-29-2008, 06:35 PM

I want to wait on the pics until its done so I can put up a step by step on everything we did. I bought thewheels off a guyin Raleigh he said that they were 4.75 and they turned out to be 4.5. Needless to say I drove 2 hours out there just to get home and find out that they wouldn't fit (didn't drive the blazer out there) and then 2 hours back to get my money back. So I am waiting on a guy in MD who has a set of soft 8's.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:39 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ahhhh alright..I guess we'll be able to wait on pics then..

And I'd be hella p'o-ed at that guy. Do you recall what you paid for the TruXus M/Ts? I was looking at 31' Mastercraft Courser M/Ts..and got a quote for $620 including mounting and lifetime hazard/balancing/ whatever else.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:45 PM

Don't be jelous, but I didn't pay anything for them. They were shop roll arounds at my buddies shop on his jeep. He just needed tires small enough to turn his huge rock crawler around inside, so Itraded him my stockies and he gave me the m/ts. Which only have about 500 miles on them.All it took was a case of beer and that we could have the super bowl party at my house instead of his.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Starting Member
sasquatchfound is an unknown quantity at this point

Willjones, were did you get the roof rack? and how much? and does it have mounts for lights?

Thanks, Shane

Old 02-01-2008, 08:23 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Can't wait to see the pics. Good deal on the tires, I would take that deal anyday. As for the roof rack if it doesnt have mounts for lights all you got to do is bolt on or weld on some light tabs (flat piece of steel with a hole in both ends) and then your all set and run your wiring.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:36 PM

The roof rack was custom made by a guy in MD. It does have 4tabs on the front and 2 in the rear, I just don't have any lights to put up there yet. In due time... Oh and I paid 50$ for it, I just just had to go pick it up.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:13 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Well deffinitly look forward to seeing some pics of the finished result, also I would go with straight up and down shackles, the boomerang idea IMO would only benefit if it was a hinged boomerang design that had a small shock attatched to it to soften the ride otherwise I don't see why it would make the ride any better being that shape versus straight up and down!!