Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lifting it up high for a low price

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 12:53 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

if you're gonna pay for it, might as well get one that will fit...

http://www.supertruckusa.com/product...googlemerchant

since you dont have a front bumper, you wont have to worry about the brackets not working... and you can probably get you rear bumper up there or at least close

the 04 kit is PA 152... BTW

Old 01-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Thanks,

Looking for a 3 inch if i can find it.

Cant find anything 04 on PA.

Can you help with a link for that?

Thanks for your time.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:20 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

The only kits made for 2nd gens are 2" and cost almost twice as much as the first gen kits. If you want 3", you'll have to make do with the first gen kits. there are plenty of people using them in 2nd gens though. You'll have to figure out some way to lift the bumpers.

awesome tattoo btw :P

Old 01-03-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
The only kits made for 2nd gens are 2" and cost almost twice as much as the first gen kits. If you want 3", you'll have to make do with the first gen kits. there are plenty of people using them in 2nd gens though. You'll have to figure out some way to lift the bumpers.

awesome tattoo btw :P
Hmm, well i might just do the 2 then but i have a couple weeks until im buying it so ill do some research in the meantime.

Im guessing thats the only difference between the 2 and 3 is bumper mounts?

About the tattoo, home sweet home. hehe

Thanks!

Old 01-03-2011, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

When I got my blazer 2 yrs. ago last Sept. it had the 3" BL on it. No bumper brackets & as I've heard thats a good thing if you're going to tow. Seems GM incorporated the class III hitch & rear bumper brackets so they work together at the rear. If you raise the bumper you can't tow.
Which is fine, I have some aluminum checkerplate at work I'll be mounting tabs on, powdercoating & installing soon.

Attached Thumbnails Lifting it up high for a low price-100_1430.jpg   Lifting it up high for a low price-crop-2-rear.jpg  
Old 01-03-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rottidog
When I got my blazer 2 yrs. ago last Sept. it had the 3" BL on it. No bumper brackets & as I've heard thats a good thing if you're going to tow. Seems GM incorporated the class III hitch & rear bumper brackets so they work together at the rear. If you raise the bumper you can't tow.
Which is fine, I have some aluminum checkerplate at work I'll be mounting tabs on, powdercoating & installing soon.
nice! thanks for the info.

Yeah not worried about towing atm but i do want my bumpers to ride with the body so ill either do the 2 inch or do the 3 and fab something for the bumpers.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

My pleasure, knowledge is power or something like that. Just giving you a heads up is all.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rottidog
My pleasure, knowledge is power or something like that. Just giving you a heads up is all.
Much appreciated bro.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:38 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brian_D
The more resaech i do on the puck thing, i think im just gonna buy this.

https://www.shopatron.com/products/p...51.32354.0.0.0

Hopefully this fits my 04, as i do not see a 04 option anywhere on their list.
grab THIS kit from Summit, it's cheaper. and it looks like everything you'll need comes in tyhe kit. of course i did'nt see any bumper brackets in the box, but they'd be fairly easy to fab up.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:14 AM
wGraves is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's Mine with a 3 inch body lift from Summit racing. I bought the kit for just over 100 bucks, made bumper relocation brackets for the front and back bumpers.

Attached Thumbnails Lifting it up high for a low price-gedc0065.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lifting it up high for a low price