Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

a little help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
s10 blazer dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a little help

i have been confused with the t-bar..i know you can crank only like 1.5 which i have done..but i am confused with how it actually works as a suspension unit..i look at it and just cant figure it out i dont see how the keys work or anything..so if any one could explain what they know

Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The torsion bar is a spring. It applies force through resistance to twisting. By rotating the fixed end of the torsion bar, you lift/lower the truck depending on which way you rotate it. Tighten the adjustment bolt and you lift the front. Loosen it and you lower.

Torsion keys re-index the bar, effectively putting more twist into the bar for "more" lift adjustment. The problem with indexed keys is that there is a limit to how far you can safely go. This limit is attainable with simply tightening the adjusting nut with the stock keys.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:43 PM
s10 blazer dude is an unknown quantity at this point

where can you buy just the keys with out the whole lift

Old 05-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No need for keys. You can get to the safe lift limit just by tightening the adjusting nuts with stock keys.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

^^^agreed dont waste money on new keys all youll do is run into problems.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:24 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I don't understand the keys bit.
I removed the T-bars from some wrecks & just used an 18mm (I think) spanner. OK, at this point it was only the chassis's & we had them flipped over.
Without going out in the rain & sliding under my truck, is there something covering it?