Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Need help for an easy way and not to expensive lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Chevymarine is on a distinguished road
Default Need help for an easy way and not to expensive lift

Well I am a new member guys, and I decided to join this forum to be able to get my Chevy Heavy looking better. I own a 93 Chevy S10 Blazer 4x4 4DR Vortec V6 4.3L.

I am looking for a good front lift and rear. I am not very familiar with lifts so I am kinda confuse with body lifts, suspension lift. I want basically be able to see a gap of at least of (front side)1FT between my tires and my bottom edge of the fender so I am not sure what upgrades parts are going to take in order to get it there. Right now i got about 5inch of a gap.(front)

Old 02-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Beginning Member
gopher_6_9 is on a distinguished road

So you are wanting an 8 inch lift? why? What is your purpose?

Old 02-19-2011, 10:52 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gopher_6_9
So you are wanting an 8 inch lift? why? What is your purpose?
^this

A better place to start would be a budget or a certain tire size or a certain amount of ground clearance rather than an arbitrarily chosen amount of space above the tire.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:14 PM

I am new to this whole lifting thing. What I really want basically is lift the front at least 2inch more. The rear I notice I have a 1 or 2 leaf in the back. I know I can raise the rear a little bit more by adding a spring leaf kit of 3 or 4. I really dont know how to raise the front. I would basically google the part you guys recommend to see what they look like and how much they go for. I already have a good friend of mine who does all the mechanic work but he is always busy to help me out with recommending me parts. But he did told me the front needs to be lift a little being that all the weight of the vorc is in the front and in the back theres no weight.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:34 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

ok take from this what you will:

you can get 3 inches all around with $90 with this

then read up on a t-bar crank for an additional 1.5-2 inches in front

get a set of 2" lift shackles for $20 for trash or $50 for quality. all around you have gained about 4-4.5 inches of lift and are only out $150 plus time

if you score some leaf spprings that aren't 25 years old, you will get back a lot of height you have lost over time, so it will feel like lift, but really it will only put you back where you should be. this will run you $75-$150

with all of this being done, look into fender trimming and slap a set of 31x10.5 tires on your current rims for extra height. you will lose the gap look but gain height. tires varry buy brand and typebut don't count on dropping less than $600 and you can easuly creep up into the $1000 neighborhood depending on what you want...

Now with the $150 lift, we'll say $150 leafs AND tires you have dropped $1000 plus a weekend of hard work. you will have truck that rides like a truck, and stands taller than you have seen in some time, and you should be quite pleased with the results.

that will run you considerably less than a suspension lift AND you can still toss a SL on later to clear you some 35's after the solid axle swap you do summer 2012...

Old 02-20-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B
ok take from this what you will:

you can get 3 inches all around with $90 with this

then read up on a t-bar crank for an additional 1.5-2 inches in front

get a set of 2" lift shackles for $20 for trash or $50 for quality. all around you have gained about 4-4.5 inches of lift and are only out $150 plus time

if you score some leaf spprings that aren't 25 years old, you will get back a lot of height you have lost over time, so it will feel like lift, but really it will only put you back where you should be. this will run you $75-$150

with all of this being done, look into fender trimming and slap a set of 31x10.5 tires on your current rims for extra height. you will lose the gap look but gain height. tires varry buy brand and typebut don't count on dropping less than $600 and you can easuly creep up into the $1000 neighborhood depending on what you want...

Now with the $150 lift, we'll say $150 leafs AND tires you have dropped $1000 plus a weekend of hard work. you will have truck that rides like a truck, and stands taller than you have seen in some time, and you should be quite pleased with the results.

that will run you considerably less than a suspension lift AND you can still toss a SL on later to clear you some 35's after the solid axle swap you do summer 2012...
Sounds real good!!! Now this is more like it now I am going to look up these parts get them together to put em on....... now you mention fender trimming any ideas how? Is it difficult?