Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

not your normal tbar question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:39 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default not your normal tbar question

next month sometime im goina get my lower ball joints replace i was wonderin if should have them crank my tbars up maybe about 1.5" higher then stock and get some shocks and shackles or would that be a bad idea? and do you think that the mechanics would crank them higher?

jimmyboy

Old 10-21-2007, 04:46 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: not your normal tbar question

If you crank the torsion bars, you'll be replacing the ball joints again, only sooner. That puts stress on the suspension that it was not designed for.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:57 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

i know that but i didnt know how soon it would need replacin. do you think that my westin push bar will be able to go up with a body lift? i know that with the body lifts they have the bumper adapters to make it macth up with the body but my push bar be moved up with no problems?

jimmyboy

Old 10-21-2007, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

well the pushbar should be mounted to the frame so i would think it will stay where its at. but im sure theres a way to move it up

Old 10-21-2007, 08:58 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I know that RCars2 has a Hunter brush guard and was able to change something or mount it differently. I would PM him and see what he did.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

The westin push bars use nearly idential mounts to the hunters (if my understanding is correct), all you need to do is is when you put the lift bracket for the front bumper on, line it up with the lower support to the push bars. From here mark the holes that you need to drill and drill new holes to hold the lower support. From there use hardware from the kit and bolt it on.