Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

PA 2" bl 98+

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road
Default PA 2" bl 98+

Hey all, OSS here;

I have the PA 2" BL here, ready to install. The instruction book however, is pretty big and seems like alot of unnecceary steps to install.

Just wondering if all the steps are required to get this badboy on? I hear it's an all day thing, correct? Any precautions I should take before I get on the project? Thanks!

-OSS

Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 PM

Thanks for the quick replies guys! lol

Hell of a time today! BL went great first couple hours, got the whole front facia off. Rear bumper, I couldn't figure out (ended up looking at it again house later and got it off) Followed the PA manual pretty good...Got the body mounts loose, pass side, were removed. 1 bolt got stripped, that is where my problems began..

Sum it up, had to drive to Canadian Tire twice, buy, return stuff that didnt work at getting the stripped hex head out. Ended up getting the MasterCraft 5 piece swirl socket thing, worked great.

Had to get a hi- lift jack too. I searched all over the internet but no one states where to jack the body up safely!! I overlooked the body mounts, and forgot to undo the ones just ontop of the rear axle.

Not noticing them, I placed my hi lift jack between the front and rear door jam on the passenger side. Needless to say, that part of the body is bent up and wrecked, causing the doors not to line up, or shut properly!

How the hell can I fix this now?

-OSS

Old 06-29-2011, 10:16 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

took me start to finish 2.5 hours

it's really not that hard if your mechanically inclined, just use common sence and take your time paying extra attention to anything that seems unusual. and might be binding.

fan shroud and bumpers MUST come off before lifting. I didn't remove my rear bumper and the corner pieces didn't want to go past the bumper haha

edit: I used 2 forklifts to lift my body , made it real easy(and easy to rip anything off that got in the way )

Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Old Skool Soldier
Needless to say, that part of the body is bent up and wrecked, causing the doors not to line up, or shut properly!
Sorry to hear! That sucks!

Originally Posted by Old Skool Soldier
How the hell can I fix this now?
I would find some way to use a come along to PULL that spot back down...SLOWLY, VERY SLOWLY adjusting the hook as needed. Maybe you could find something big and heavy and low to the ground to use as leverage or to strap to. Ive used this method to PULL many dents, lol!

Hope it help, good luck!

Old 06-30-2011, 07:21 PM
tony991 is on a distinguished road

It took me about 12 hrs. Only cause one bolt stripped(my falt) so i bought a (bolt-out kit) and another kept spinning so i had to cut a hole in the floor and drill out the bolt head. I used my pallet jack and a bottle jack with a 2x6 to keep the bottle jack from denting the floor up lol.

I actually missed the bolt above the rear axle and started to jack it up like you did. But I stopped when I noticed the frame was moving up as much as the body was. Phew close!

How bad is that part of the body wrecked??

Old 07-01-2011, 11:10 AM

Well I got the lift on, the body lines arn't bad any more thankfully! I took a step by step video tutorial aswell, I will be editing and uploading onto Youtube for others. I spent close to 20hrs working by myself, with inadaquet tools lol. I noticed a vibration though :S

-OSS