Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

please help with price

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:59 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
there is NO 3" suspension lift for these vehicles
You can buy 3" shackles for these blazers off ebay, i have them on mine, in fact one of the members on this forum makes them, 3leaffab? or something along those lines, heres the link...Clicky

I guess its not a true lift kit, but you can achieve around three inches of lift with it? all a matter of opinion

Old 04-13-2010, 02:17 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok but 1. What would lift the front 3 inches to match? Besides one HELL of a tbar crank.

2. Did you pay $1000 bucks for them shackles? If so they better be real f##kin sweet! ha ha just jokin'.

but really I think i heard of trailmaster or someone offering a 3 inch suspension long ago but I could very much be wrong. Either way, those prices are insane, you should be able to find better. Maybe ask friends and family if they know a shadetree mechanic that could help. My buddy hooked me up with a guy that did my bodylift for like $200. He said $150 labor for a ring and pinion swap, and the local 4x4 shop wants $500 labor.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Ok but 1. What would lift the front 3 inches to match? Besides one HELL of a tbar crank.

2. Did you pay $1000 bucks for them shackles? If so they better be real f##kin sweet! ha ha just jokin'.

but really I think i heard of trailmaster or someone offering a 3 inch suspension long ago but I could very much be wrong. Either way, those prices are insane, you should be able to find better. Maybe ask friends and family if they know a shadetree mechanic that could help. My buddy hooked me up with a guy that did my bodylift for like $200. He said $150 labor for a ring and pinion swap, and the local 4x4 shop wants $500 labor.
In respnse to your first question, I had about an inch or inch and a half of sag in the back so they extra inch made up for that

Old 04-14-2010, 06:37 PM

Oh you mean they were three inch long shakles, giving you about 1.5 inch of lift. Or 6 inch long shakles giving you about 3 inch of lift? Not being mean, I just never seen shakles over 3-4 inch long. Not being funny or anything I was just wondering. Any shakles over 2 inch longer than factory is illegal in my state. What did you pay for em'?

Old 04-14-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Oh you mean they were three inch long shakles, giving you about 1.5 inch of lift. Or 6 inch long shakles giving you about 3 inch of lift? Not being mean, I just never seen shakles over 3-4 inch long. Not being funny or anything I was just wondering. Any shakles over 2 inch longer than factory is illegal in my state. What did you pay for em'?
they are 6 inches longer than the stock shackles, which i believe is illegal in michigan also, but i dont think they will ever notice. so because they are six inches longer you get 3 inches of lift...for the price check out the link in my first post of this page, those are the exact ones i bought

Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 PM

Thats pretty cool. Learn something new everyday. And I admit I was wrong, it wasn't a 3 inch suspension from trailmaster, it was a 4 inch suspension. Truckinweb.com did a write up on installing it on a 2nd gen s10 blazer.

I don't know about Michigan, but you mention "they" won't notice. This they wouldn't be a state vehicle inspection would it? I was wondering if you have inspection, if you have had it inspected since you did the shackle lift. I'm itching to do shackles, and wondering what I could get away with. Just because of the tires and body lift I had to get a modified sticker. And for the first time since I have been driving, they pulled the wheels off and went over my vehicle with a fine tooth comb for that modified sticker. Before all most places did was check the lights, beep the horn and slap a sticker on it .