Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Rough country 2.5"

Old 01-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Starting Member
01 Jimmy SLE is on a distinguished road
Default Rough country 2.5"

I've read a ton of reviews on here of this lift kit. Some good, some bad. For those with this kit (the newer one that includes the dif drop bracket), how well does the dif drop actually work? How much did it drop the dif? I know the kit tries to fix cv angles and upper ball joints, but what about the lower balljoints? Won't those be at a harsh angle and wear quickly? I don't plan on cranking the torsion keys to the max, but I do still want to gain some lift.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:38 PM
robsteez is on a distinguished road

I have had the lift kit in for 6 months now and the diff drop bracket does fix the cv angles. I didn't measure exactly but from looking at it it dropped the diff down 2.5-3 inches?. I did some pretty hard wheelin trips with it and had no problems with my ball joints surprisingly. The only issues I have had was I blew bolth my front n2.0 shocks after a month and the bolts for my diff bracket always come lose and fall out... I welded the plate to my diff.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Starting Member
01 Jimmy SLE is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input! Did the shocks blow because they're junk in general or were there other factors? Like just a bad set of shocks or something?

Old 01-13-2014, 06:47 AM
Jamaroon will become famous soon enoughJamaroon will become famous soon enough

It doesn't drop the diff that much, it's around an inch.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:12 AM
robsteez is on a distinguished road

an inch? it looked like bracket had atleast 2'' more length then the stock...im trippin. As for the shocks I hit a pot hole on the passanger side wheelin and blew all the fluid out then a week later my driver side leaked out too... they might have been faulty

Last edited by robsteez; 01-13-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:00 AM

maybe 2" at back, but nothing in the front so 1" at the center where it matters. same reason a shackle 2" longer than stock would only get you 1" of lift at the center of the wheel well.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Starting Member
Dolanjohn1990 is on a distinguished road

So Im in the middle of this lift and I ran into a problem with the differential drop. I made all the necessary cuts and the steering linkage hits the dif. It makes it so I can not turn right? I know I didn't do this wrong. the other thing is when I crank the torsion bars I see no change in the control arms position. Do I need to hang the tires and put it on the ground to get some weight on the suspension before I try cranking the bars in order to see the change?

Old 07-30-2014, 07:15 AM

You won't see the change until it's on the ground. As long as the bolt is moving then it's being adjusted.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Starting Member
Dolanjohn1990 is on a distinguished road

Ok cars on the ground and the destructions said i should measure out 21" from wheel center to fenderwell. I have a 2" bodylift. Doesn't that mean i should be at 23"? Im still at 21". I crank the tbars and dont see or measure any change. Did i put the tbar back wrong? I didnt really think I could screw that up....

Old 08-15-2014, 09:30 PM

Yes, you should be at 23" then. Did you have to use a torsion bar tool to get the bolt back in?

I think the ear of the torsion bar key was pointing down at about 4 o'clock, maybe a little more before forcing it into place with the tool and installing the bolt and block.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rough country 2.5"