Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Shackle install prep, new shocks and leaf springs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Starting Member
btmbass is on a distinguished road
Default Shackle install prep, new shocks and leaf springs?

hey guys, so I'm finally getting around to installing my Fabtech Shackles. In my research, I've found that some people think replacing the shocks are a good idea while you're at it. I'm not opposed to the idea, I even want to go so far to replace my completely flat leaf springs.

My problem is I haven't been able to find any decent reference for where to find shocks and leaf springs. I've done a few searches on the site and haven't found any recent posts with live links.

Can anyone point me the right direction to find these parts and make a brand recommendation?

Old 09-18-2011, 10:12 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

for shackle removal i suggest spraying them a few days before trying to remove them

I used pb blaster and wd 40 i soaked them for like a week straight . turns out the bolts came out like spreading butter on toast

IF you have one of those air chisels you can knock out the bolts with that if they don't come out , I had mine ready but i didn't need it