Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Shackle lift Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:06 PM
GrnBstrd is on a distinguished road
Default Shackle lift Problem

Hey guys!

I'm pretty new to this forum and need some help with my build, I was planning on making a build thread this afternoon for it but I have encountered a problem. Today, well this morning actually I tackled the first thing on my list of things to do to my truck; a 2000Chevy Blazer LT 4dr, a 2" shackle and 1.5" T-Bar lift.

The past few days I have lubed up and loosened and re tightened the shackle bolts after work to make this as easy as possible. So I jacked up my truck, threw 'er on some jack stands and 25 mins later my old shackles were off without any problem.

I took my new 2" 3leaffab shackles out of the box and holy cr*p those suckers were big! Too big in fact (i believe).... because I cant drop my axle down far enough; It self supports its self with the rear sway bar, and if it dropped down any farther it would pull out the rear diffs breather tube! I believe I got his 3" lift shackles. I think it would be tight to fit in his actual 2" lift ones.

So my question is have any of you had a problem putting in 3" lift shackles where you cant drop the axle enough? Whats your thought on my problem?

Last edited by GrnBstrd; 07-24-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Pictures didnt come thru
Old 07-24-2010, 12:29 PM
GrnBstrd is on a distinguished road

I am sorry for the extremly large photos. I resized them all in Photobucket and it only seemed to actually work for two of them; tried again to resize during edit and I guess it didnt stick. Any hints for posting photos to the forum? This is also my first time for that. Thanks in advance guys!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 AM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

I recieved mine from 3leaf the other day and are the exact same as your pics, If i remember right for every inch of lift you will neen 2" of shackle
length. as far as the breather hose, cut and put a splice in it and a little longer hose. how difficule was it to remove the old schakles?
I started on mine last night and had to put it all back together, I'll do the body lift and shackles at the same time, would it help to remove th e bumper side skirts to remove the shackle bolts..
thanks

Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

I have the same ones on my truck already. Don't pull the axle down, pull on the spring. And make sure both sides are disconnected so your axle is just hanging there. Still a little touch but a hell of a lot easier than trying it by the axle. Also what I did was grind down the "U" on the shorter end so it was flat that way it isn't rubbing on the springs. Ryanmatt135 has the 3" ones on his ZR2, also ground down the "U"

EDIT:

Oh, and did you loosen your shocks?

Last edited by CNYCountryKidd; 07-27-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have the 3". I only have the 2inch ones that I bought off Cknaffle on a different forum. I put them on this weekend and I ended up disconnecting the bottom of the shocks. I found that gave it a little more play. Just a thought.