Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

shaken blazer syndrome?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:31 AM
Beginning Member
89K5gasahollica is on a distinguished road
Default shaken blazer syndrome?

put on 4 inch lift front leaf springs and 4 inch blocks on rear to fit 36's.looks freakin cool but drives retarded now 8( i got a skyjacker steering arm after the lift was too much for stock arm.brakelines fit ok but just barely,another 1/4 inch and they wouldnt.we cut brackets to raise shock mounts up as a temp fix til i can get lifted ones. so heres the deal...when driving it around 30-35 mph it gets this insane "wobble" like the front tires are gonna fly apart and break off....my friend saw it doing it and said my front end was shaking bad and it looked crazy.it doesnt do it always and seems almost like a certain series of lil bumps in a road kinda like start the wobble and then it just gets bigger and bigger.ive been afraid to go over 40 mph cause if it happens on the highway i dont see anything but a giant wreck happening. when i got it a similar wobble occurred and it was the steering stabalizer broken.i got a rancho then and it fixed the shaking...though its a single not a dual unit. the drive shafts also stick out from the lifting as well.. question is what causes the shimy,shake,wobble, or w/e in the front end and why is it random and not everytime i hit a certain speed? thanks guys. p.s. it is a violent shaking not a lil play in the wheel,lol, and it feels crazy like it gonna fly apart

Old 04-21-2010, 09:48 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Its referred to as "death wobble" google it. Its very common. Its cause something is worn or unballanced. I had it so bad the truck was undrivable. Replace all worn steering parts. Barings tie rod ends ball joints. Also get a dual shock stabilizer. That fixed my problem about 70%. Then get your tires ballanced. After I did those two things I was able to do 65 no problem and my tires were flat spotted. I had 2 pounds of weights on the front tires and those were the good ones.the way I fixed it for good was got a set of 33inch radials

Cliff notes- balance tires. Dual stabilizer. And see if takes care of it