Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

START HERE - lift kit list

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Beginning Member
turple27 is on a distinguished road

if i did the rough country lift, do you think it would be better to go with a more offset wheel with 31s to deal with the rubbing on the frame with the stock wheels. im trying to do as much as possible without trimming my fenders

Old 11-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

how much lift? it will help with your frame rubbing issue, but it may cause a the outside of your tire to rub the rear of the fender.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM
ledo59 is on a distinguished road

Ok your right i do have a torsion bar. So I guess I got hosed on this budget lift. Well then is there any sort of suspension lift for around 500 bucks? Maybe like a 2 inch lift?

Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by ledo59
Ok your right i do have a torsion bar. So I guess I got hosed on this budget lift. Well then is there any sort of suspension lift for around 500 bucks? Maybe like a 2 inch lift?
what size tire are you trying to fit? you can buy the torsion bar lift keys off ebay and a rear add-a-leaf. That was the first was i lifted mine. The ride wasn't nearly as smooth as stock because the suspension had no down travel. A body lift will help as well and are pretty cheap.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Luke Nukem is on a distinguished road

SoI've now read this whole thread end to end twice and somehow still find myself asking questions. I know this threadi bombarded ith questions but I'm going to ask anyway haha. Will I run into any problems with the newer Rough Country 2.5" suspension lift kit? I see mixed opinions on RC kits as well so any opinions are greatly appreciated. The kit I've got my eye on comeswith upper control arms, ball joints, driver/passenger differential brackets, torsion bar keys, lifted shackles, sway-bar relocation brackets and necessary hardware. I'm also planning a 2" body lift as well while doing or possibly before the suspension lift. Hoping to clear some 31x10.5" wrangler m/t's I have, is the body lift necessary for that? I don't think so but I see mixed opinions. You have all been so helpful so far and I'm glad I found a group of guys (maybe girls too?) that love these chevys as much as I do. Anything will be helpful and much appreciated

Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 PM

the 31x10.5 tires will fit on you truck with no lift on the stock wheels but rub the frame. If you want to run a wider or more offset wheel you will need to start lifting it, or start trimming the fenders. with a 4.5" total lift you can fit 33s with fender trimming.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Blackblazerdh is on a distinguished road

I found a pro comp 3 in lift torsion keys and shackles will it change. Any thing like ride quality or effect cv angles

Old 12-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Blackblazerdh is on a distinguished road

And came with pro comp shocks

Old 02-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Beginning Member
shadow03 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Luke Nukem
SoI've now read this whole thread end to end twice and somehow still find myself asking questions. I know this threadi bombarded ith questions but I'm going to ask anyway haha. Will I run into any problems with the newer Rough Country 2.5" suspension lift kit? I see mixed opinions on RC kits as well so any opinions are greatly appreciated. The kit I've got my eye on comeswith upper control arms, ball joints, driver/passenger differential brackets, torsion bar keys, lifted shackles, sway-bar relocation brackets and necessary hardware. I'm also planning a 2" body lift as well while doing or possibly before the suspension lift. Hoping to clear some 31x10.5" wrangler m/t's I have, is the body lift necessary for that? I don't think so but I see mixed opinions. You have all been so helpful so far and I'm glad I found a group of guys (maybe girls too?) that love these chevys as much as I do. Anything will be helpful and much appreciated
I just that kit put in my truck and the person just said that he didn't raise the sway bar I think he said and I haven't run into any problems yet I like its stiff and there is allmost
no tension on my leaf springs so I have a ton of travel on my suspension and its great I think it slams the tires down harder because they are louder but I don't mind I will let you know.if I have any problems

Last edited by shadow03; 02-14-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Beginning Member
shadow03 is on a distinguished road

Okay maybe this has been answered already but I could only read up to page 10 but I have the 2.5 rough country suspension lift and do get a little rubbing when whipped all the way just on my rim on the front tires only drivers side as far as I van see is there a better rim I van get so I don't rub?
I also want to get a 2 inch body lift as well would I be able to fit 31x10.5 in tires
With both of the lifts and maybe the better rims.- I have the stock rims 2003 Chevy blazer ls

Quick Reply: START HERE - lift kit list