Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

steering stabilizers?

Old 07-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Beginning Member
thedopeshow912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default steering stabilizers?

Ok, so I am in the process of installing a 2 inch rough country suspension kit on my 1997 Blazer 4wd 4dr. I already have a 2 inch body lift on it, and I finished the back suspension lift. One of the main problems I am having is that the stock steering stabilizer is not at all in the right place to be mounted back to the lower control arm. It seems to be about 1 or 2 inches away to where it should mount. What is the best way to fix this? Should I just get the rough country or skyjacker steering stabilizer kit? Or will that not solve the problem with the mounting?
Help would be DEARLY appreciated. Lol

Also, I know many posts have been up concerning CV joints but what is the best way to deal with those if they bend at an angle too much? Any good aftermarket ones that I should know of?

Old 07-03-2009, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I hope this doesnt make me sound dumb but I don't know of any stock steering stabilizer...

There is one bracket/mount near the base of the drivers side lower control arm that I've never found a purpose for. Maybe some trucks had an optional stabilizer but I've never seen one

As far as CV issues, there really is no great fix for them. Like most things, the harder you stress them, the quicker they wear out. Just one of the downsides to having a kickass lifted blazer.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Yes, some Blazers did come stock with steering stablizers, though I can't help you as far as your problem.

There is some place that makes aftermarket CV's but they are VERY pricey. Can't think of the name of the place, though. Hopefully, someone else will chime in that can help you.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Logan is on a distinguished road

I got one on mine...thanks for reminding me I need to change it this week. Ill try take some pics of it today or tomorrow.