Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Susp Lift Help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Susp Lift Help.

Hey,
Just got my blazer and was thinking about lifting it.
Its a 95 and im set on a susp lift (not a fan of body). I want a mininum of 2.5" lift and was wondering if there are any threads on here that I have missed on prices,names and sizes. Please help as I havnt got anything lol.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Like this one?

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16186

Not necessarily prices for everything, but that's what google is for.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Starting Member

What would you recommend? Mr Knowledge?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Starting Member

What would you recommend Mr Knowledge?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:14 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol. I'm not Mr. Knowledge ...at least when it comes to lifting. I'm not the best person to ask about lift tech...especially SL's. I'm more of a BL person lol. That gives you a starting point though. If you do a search on the forum for those brand names there are a number of reviews written up by people.
I seem to remember hearing good things about the Rough Country and the Trailmaster one though. I think there were a few complaints about the BDS one. I may have that backwards though lol. I know for sure (since there are a number of people with it on the forum) the rough country one is good.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Starting Member

Lol well since ive joined up, youve been Mr Knowledge so thats the nickname I am giving you. I looked at a few Rough Country lifts but am really eying a Pro Comp right now. Only thing im worried about ordering online is if i get just a lift kit that they advertise, am i waiting a week or 2 for it to come in only to find out i need to wait another 4 weeks to order separate parts that are needed for install that dont come.

Any advice?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i got a 6in from superlift. I havent had any problems yet. I dont really recommend any 2in suspension lift cause you can do the same thing by cranking your tbars and getting shackles for a quarter of the cost.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:52 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Exactly, the 2" suspension lift is a waste of money.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Starting Member

I have learnt that since I started this thread lol mainly from reading your posts nj. If i wanted some lift, but didnt have 4-5grand, what would you recommend?

Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Beginning Member
scrmmealuvsong22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude ive had a 96 Ford Explorer when i was 17 i lifted 4 inches witha rough country lift kit, Then i bought a 02 Explorer sports trac and lifted it 4 inchs witha superlift kit, and i just put a 6 inch lift in my 1991 k5 blazer with a rough country lift kit

i bought all both rough country suspensions lifts from ebay the explorer cost me $700 shipped and the Blazers 6 inch cost me $625 shipped and i bought my Superlift kit from summit racing and spent over $1500 i would search ebay especially a customer called Top Gun Customs if u cant find it on there ebay site they would deff have it on there normal website..

I like my Rough Country lifts never had a problem with them but from experience with mine and my friends trucks i would say Fab Tech and Skyjacker Makes the most solid lifts

Quick Reply: Susp Lift Help.