Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

torsion bar issue

Old 08-26-2010, 04:42 PM
huntersblaze is on a distinguished road
Default torsion bar issue

When I got the truck about three years ago the drivers side of the vehicle was sagging pretty bad, but thanks to this forum I found that the problem was the torsion bar and all I needed to do was crank it up and get an alignment. Just recently I decided to do a 1.5 inch shackle lift/ tbar crank. After I finally got the shackles on I went to crank the torsion bars only to find that the drivers side adjustment bolt only had three turns left in it. So I turned it back down and I am riding around with a funny looking rake at the moment. I'm looking at getting one from the junkyard and my question is should I just get one for the drivers side or should I get two to make it equal. Even if I find one that has the same spring rate as my current ones.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you verify the diameter, you should get them in pairs.