Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Trouble with rear shackle lift NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Beginning Member
Tommyboy8299 is on a distinguished road
Default Trouble with rear shackle lift NEED HELP!!

So I banged out the front t-bar lift in like 5 mins then went back to tackle the rear shackles and was stopped dead in my tracks.... Those bolts just will not come out. I tried everything except for torching them.. Are there any other cheater ways out there. Tried to look but can't find anything in suspension tech. I have new shackles and hardware for them is my best bet just trying to cut the heads of the bolts off and just bang them out or use a torch!??! Also on the driver side there is some sort of collector box for gas lines and such is there and easy way to move it or drop it down??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.....once this is done 31's and trails here we come!!!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

A lot of people go the torch method. I lubed them up every day for a week with PB blaster and my slid right out. I have also seen some rig up a big C clamp and press it out that way. As for the black box you can move it out of the way and just put it back just be careful not to damage it. Its the charcoal box for emissions.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Beginning Member
Tommyboy8299 is on a distinguished road

Yea I kept spraying it with wd-40 for a few days before I tried it and still nothing. I actually tried to use a big c clamp and try to press them out but still nothing on that end either

Old 01-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like its torch time!!

Old 01-26-2013, 10:39 AM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

i ended up saw alling the off then using a method found here on this site, using a drill bit and drilling out the rubber from the bushing, then removing the old bushing and replacing the bolt and nut, its a PITA, but i sure do like the new bushings, i also coated every thing well in grease, so the problem wont happen again..