Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Want to get higher.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 04:16 PM
von scott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to get higher.

Hi everyone, I have the itch to lift, my 2000 blazer ls.I believe it has the zr2 suspension. it does have the zr2 code in the glovebox, has the 31x10.5x15 tires,the fenderflares,skidplates,and the wheeles that would leave me to believe that it is hope I am not wrong, I will try to post pics.anyway I would like to perhaps lift her a little more, not like a ladder required to gain entry, just a modest lift to maybe go up to a 32 or 33 inch tire. would also like the option to either use 15,16 or 17 in wheels, is that poss? as far as I know it is ata the factory height. also where would be a sure bet as to obtain, here is a photo of my rig and a picture of the rig that has the style of both nerf bars and pushbar,brush guard combo that I want. hope I get lucky thanks everyone.

Attached Thumbnails Want to get  higher.-hpim1031.jpg   Want to get  higher.-tellow.jpg   Want to get  higher.-picture-267.jpg   Want to get  higher.-picture-265.jpg  
Old 08-09-2009, 04:36 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

with a 2" lift youll be able to fit 33x10.50 with little to no problems and as far as wheel size goes you can use any size youd like just try and stick to the factory backspacing.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Default Backspacing?

Wow! I have no clue as to what backspacing is could you possibly school me on the subject?

Old 08-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Default Sus lift or body lift?

Hey mikeinwi, is there any thing special I need to do, I know that the zr2 package has I believe a factory lift of 2 in, and also has a wider wheelbase, what I don't know is if the suspension has been lifted 2 inches or if it was the body that was lifted.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:14 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Thats odd that yours appears to be a ZR2 but doesn't have the nerf bar. As far as I know that nerf bar came stock on mine. I also have the exact same brushguard that yellow Blazer has.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:19 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by von scott
Hey mikeinwi, is there any thing special I need to do, I know that the zr2 package has I believe a factory lift of 2 in, and also has a wider wheelbase, what I don't know is if the suspension has been lifted 2 inches or if it was the body that was lifted.
as long as the kit you buy is for a ZR2 blazer you wont have to do anything special. i would suggest going with a 2" body lift that way youll be able to run larger tires and you wont put un wanted stress on your front end.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:33 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by von scott
what I don't know is if the suspension has been lifted 2 inches or if it was the body that was lifted.
ZR2's dont have any lift from the factory. The reason they sit higher is because it has a different frame. So you can still add a body lift or 2in suspension lift if you want.