Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

What to do??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: What to do??

That's a quick way to save 70 bucks.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Just curious, but do you have something against a body lift? Maybe you've stated it in another thread and I missed it. I think the greatest benefit of a body lift over the suspension lift is you won't be changing the drive angles of the front end. Unless I'm really missing something here.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Why is it we have the same arguements when people compare suspension lifts versus just t-bar cranks. Safest bet is suspension lift by far. Alot less wear on the truck versus going the cheap way. Going the cheap route means spending more $$$ down the road replacing wore out parts and wishing you spent extra $$ doing it the correct way. I understand when people wanna do things to their trucks but not spend alot of money, but whats wrong with just saving your money to do things the right way. What's the rush to lift a truck???? Just to say "hey look i have a lifted truck"... I laugh when I see people who have lifted trucks and go the cheap route and their speedo's are way off, truck runs like dogs because incorrect gears for the tire size they are running. And then they sit there and cry when something breaks.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

yes i will be alligning it at school.

I can see where, nj4X4blaze is getting at, but i dont think 1" on the t-bars will be doing any long term damage.

AJbert, i do not have anything against body lifts, i think its something i will do down the road, i just dont like the the gap between frame an body.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:14 PM
95BlazerLt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point

nj4x4blaze you laughin at me cuz my speedo is off a few mph? lol. my truck isnt as much of a dog as i thought it would be. im planing on 35's on ifs by september. but, the 3.42's will be swapped for 4.10's or 4.56's at that time.
there is no gap really, you just see more frame, which if painted wont look half bad.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Starting Member
GeorgesBlazah is an unknown quantity at this point

He is right about the 2in kit being garbage. I would not spend my money on it. It is nothing more than a glorified tbar crank. The stock keyways already let you crank your bars too far. These only make the problem worse. As far as balljoint angle....well I think its a bunch of poop. If your having bad balljoint angles, your already cranked farther than you should be. Sure they may fix your fawked up BJ angle, butwhat about your axle shafts?Tubular ams are nothing more than "hey look I gots tubular armz yo!" Stock control arms are plenty strong. The kit wouldnt be a bad price if it had something to drop your diff down 2in to make your CV angles better, but it deosnt sooo dont buy it

Old 04-03-2008, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: 95BlazerLt4wd

nj4x4blaze you laughin at me cuz my speedo is off a few mph? lol. my truck isnt as much of a dog as i thought it would be. im planing on 35's on ifs by september. but, the 3.42's will be swapped for 4.10's or 4.56's at that time.
there is no gap really, you just see more frame, which if painted wont look half bad.
Never mentioned you btw. Hope your planning on doing a bigger liftto run those 35's. Unless you dont mind chopping up your fenders more to fit them.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:19 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

i will be painting the frame cant decide on color. lol. The one an only thing about body lifts that i do not like is the excess stuff you have to take off. like headlights grill bumpers stuff like that.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:21 PM

Sacrifices of wanting a lifted truck.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:25 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha, your headlights and grill are the easiest stuff to take off.