Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

'03 S10 Passenger window switch ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 10:43 PM
r.aulabaugh@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default '03 S10 Passenger window switch ??

I left the passenger window down a couple inches and we had a substantial rain. Two days later discovered the passenger side window switch would not work, but the lock switch works fine. Window can be operated from the driver's side, however. There is 12V to the window switch. I ordered a new after market switch and installed it. Still doesn't work. Since I have power to the switch, I'm entertaining the thought that I might have gotten a bad replacement switch. But since I don't fully understand the relationship between the switch and all the other wires in the assembly I need to ask if there is something I'm missing?

Window motor works, window works from driver's side, 12V to the switch, new switch doesn't work either. Any ideas?

Old 06-16-2019, 12:07 AM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you happen to inspect the connectors for rust or corrosion which could have develped from the rain? If the connections are clean and tight then it sure looks like a bad switch. If you can locate a wiring diagram you could try to bypass the switch at the connector and that would certainly tell you if the switch is bad.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:13 AM

Thanks, GolfAddict. No sign of corrosion and since the unit is integrated with the lock switch, It's difficult to figure out how to jump the connector. As a point of interest. I requested a replacement part from the supplier which I received yesterday. With the new switch NEITHER the window, nor the door lock, works :-/ ! Had the door lock functioned perfectly, I would have been suspect that the problem is something other than the window switch. But since the door lock doesn't work, I, once again wonder if this whole new switch is crap. Sheesh...

Old 07-07-2019, 08:19 AM

Problem solved! I ordered another switch from the same company since I was suspecting a faulty replacement. With the new switch, NEITHER the window nor the door lock worked....well Crap. Had just the window not worked, I would have questioned my diagnosis of a bad switch, but with the lock not working either I was again suspicious of the replacement. My son lives about 40 miles away and has an S10 and I asked him to bring it over. I popped his window switch out and put it in mine--bingo--everything worked fine!

Whatever the odds, I got TWO bad new aftermarket window switches. Both were returned to the vendor who gave me a refund and pulled the product from their inventory until they can address the issue with their supplier. Thanks for the comments and ideas.