1999 Steering Wheel Radio Control LEDs - Page 3 - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:56 PM
Starting Member

Strangerock is on a distinguished road

Sweet info and thanks , I see the left side is out on mine ....Ill deal with it when it comes back from the body shop.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:18 AM
Starting Member

GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Not to high jack the thread, but can those controls be fitted to my blazer? I found an 01 with them. Mine is an 02 and didn't come with those.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:25 PM

christine_208 is on a distinguished road
Default Remote Radio Controls wiring at Steering Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBlazer2002 View Post
Not to high jack the thread, but can those controls be fitted to my blazer? I found an 01 with them. Mine is an 02 and didn't come with those.
In principle if the radios interchange I bet it could be done.

I've attached the schematics for the system from my 1999.

If there is an unused wire harness behind the airbag, with 4 small wires (0.5 mm^2 = 20 awg) (YEL, GRY, GRN, BLK) then you might be good to go. Note that the switches are surrounded by a cover for the far side of the wheel closest to the front of the vehicle that is specific to those wheels with the remote controls, at least on mine.

From the common connector (C201) for the remote controls, the wires are split into ones for both sides (C1, right and C2, left) where two more wire colors (LT GRN and WHT) are used.

It looks like the signals to the radio from the controls are delivered on a single wire. It appears that the type of command is determined by the voltage on that wire which is determined by the resistor put into series with the 12V.

The connector indicated by the green line is the main connector for the remote radio controls. The connector surrounded blue is for the right hand side controls. There is a similar one on the left. The plastic piece indicated by the brown line is the part of the far-side steering wheel cover that encloses the side of the switches.

Forgive my poor quality picture. I did not realize the poor quality until I went to find one to post.
Left side

Last edited by christine_208; 02-13-2018 at 12:27 PM. Reason: add title
Old 02-17-2018, 05:42 AM
Starting Member

GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Very good. Thank you. Now to go back and get them!
Old 02-17-2018, 12:01 PM

christine_208 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBlazer2002 View Post
Very good. Thank you. Now to go back and get them!

Yes, keep us posted. I'm sure people would be interested in learning how to retrofit these.
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

My 04 didn't originally come with the controls, I retrofitted them into it from a steering wheel that I found in a full size Yukon Denali that I found in a junk yard. I moved the wheel with the controls over and the clock spring, and grabbed some of the harness in the column for it too so I had some wire to work with. I hooked mine up to an aftermarket adapter for a Pioneer deck from the start though, so I couldn't begin to tell you how to hook it up to a factory radio though lol.