Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

2000 Blazer: Code reader probs

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:01 PM
astarspark is on a distinguished road
Question 2000 Blazer: Code reader probs

I have a 2000 Blazer s10 LS, got the check engine light and went to Checker and AutoZone to get codes read, but both code readers acted like no vehicle was even plugged into them. Has any one ever heard of code readers not recognizing a vehicle is plugged into it?
btw Verified the code readers both worked by plugging them into my Dad's Jeep. Please Help

Old 04-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Blown CIG lighter fuse?

Old 04-09-2011, 07:28 PM
astarspark is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Code reader probs

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Blown CIG lighter fuse?
Yes!! I've replaced the fuse but it blows if I use the lighter twice, so I replaced the fuse and kept the lighter out and it blew anyway. My engine light went off-on-now off. I just wasn't sure where to start trouble shooting this. I'll replace the fuse at the parts store then plug in the code reader. Got any Idea why the cig fuse keeps blowing? I know there is an elec prob. Got rear ended 2 weeks after buying it new in 2000 and the hazard relay started clicking 6-9 months later. Replaced it but it is clicking again, so I know there is an elec prob. Do those two symptoms give any clue as to where to start looking for the short? Thank you for your help

Old 04-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Beginning Member
PinkCamo is on a distinguished road

Have you tried doing the key thing for to see if the computer is picking up any codes? I believe its turn the key to run five times quickly and leaving it at run the final time to see any codes on the digital odometer display.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PinkCamo
Have you tried doing the key thing for to see if the computer is picking up any codes? I believe its turn the key to run five times quickly and leaving it at run the final time to see any codes on the digital odometer display.
Doesn't work on these trucks. Would be nice though.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Beginning Member
PinkCamo is on a distinguished road

Huh, Thought I'd tried it on my s10. Must've been in the Blazer then that it worked.