Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

2000 Blazer LT 4WD LT - Turn ignition key ON - NOTHING!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 02:11 PM
JR Kahrer is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer LT 4WD LT - Turn ignition key ON - NOTHING!

I live in the middle of nowhere, went out to my Blazer, put the key in and NO SOLENOID CLICK OR ANYTHING - I do have the rest of the lighting and dashboard electrical that works. My first thought was dead battery - put oit on the charger and tried again - nothing. I went to my Advanced Auto Parts and picked up some new relays as well as a new starter motor with solenoid. Swapped out the ignition relay - nothing! I am getting ready to put a test lead from the battery positive terminal to the S terminal of the existing solenoid. If it doesn't click - I know thats the issue and already have the new solenoid to install. If it does click - could I get someone to outline the next steps for finding the problem/issue? IF the existing solenoid clicks - that means it is working fine and I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TEST for ignition switch or other electrical issues. If someone could outline the steps for me - it would be greatly appreciated.

God Bless;

Jeff

Old 07-27-2014, 12:07 AM
dyal62 is on a distinguished road

I have this same identical problem. Waiting desperately for some info. Mean while i'm still trouble shooting this problem. If I figure it out i will share my findings.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:56 PM
dyal62 is on a distinguished road

Ok I will go over this as i feel i fixed my problem. So one day on the mail route (yes..im a mailman) I turned the key and had all lights on the position 2. But when i turned to the cranking position i had nothing, not even a clicking sound. Just nothing. This was also a intermittent problem. I would go weeks without any trouble and then every time i went to start it i had this problem. I put the shiftier into neutral and was able to start it. So i immediately assumed that i needed a neutral safety switch. So i replaced it and the first time i went to start it i had nothing. SO i wired in a push button switch in an attempt to bypass the ignition switch. This did not work. The blazer would turn over but die immediately. I think this may have to do with some kind of security protection built into the ignition. So i was unable to start the blazer but could turn the motor over with it. SO...the next time i had nothing, i tried the push button and it was also would do nothing. So I felt that i had for sure narrowed it down to the starter. I purchased the lifetime warranty starter from Autozone a week ago and have not had a bit of trouble. In fact, i notice the new starter has noticeably more torque. Hope this helps.