Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Aftermarket Lights for Jimmy/Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Redwolf is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Aftermarket Lights for Jimmy/Blazer

i was looking for a set of Halo or Projector headlights for my 2001 GMC Jimmy. I have a set of black Spyder LED Taillights for blazer/jimmy. Anybody have any ideas where i could get a set of headlights??

Old 12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I don't think there are any for the Jimmy :/

You could always convert to a Blazer front end in order to use the products available for Chevys

Old 12-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Redwolf is on a distinguished road

yeah i know i could do that though but i really dont want to have to spend alot of money just to be able to get the parts and lights....

Old 12-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Banned
brendan127 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't get projectors. But for a cheap upgrade of lighting you can get these..
Amazon.com: Koshin 9006 Platinum White Halogen Light Bulbs 12V 80W: Automotive

Idk about them but they have a good review.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

Universal Projector Xenon HID Fog Light Road Light 6K | eBay
you can go this route. there is a tutorial i have found that goes through the process of retro fitting. it is pretty simple and looks like it is easy enough to do.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:11 PM
schollianmj is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazer_LT
Universal Projector Xenon HID Fog Light Road Light 6K | eBay
you can go this route. there is a tutorial i have found that goes through the process of retro fitting. it is pretty simple and looks like it is easy enough to do.
There are a couple issues with going this route...

1: those are fog lights and because of this the beam output will be less than ideal for a main headlight.

2: the outer lens for the Jimmy headlight is a frosted/textured/Fresnel style of a lens that is used to help distribute the light on the road.

I have done a lot of projector retrofits (used to run a side business doing this but ran out of time for it) and it isn't that hard to do with some of the newer mini HID projectors. Morimoto has a GREAT setup with mini projectors and either D2S or H1 bulbs. They are almost a drop in replacement for most modern bulbs. I say almost as you need to open the hole the bulb goes through a little bit, but once in they are simple to level and simple to aim.

As to the Jimmy.... Yea, Im rocking some silverstar Ultra's and running relays for power straight from the battery untill I manage to find a set of aftermarket housings that have clear outer lens's, but once I find them, I have my 55W set up already here waiting to go into them.