Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Another aftermarket tach Q.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 05:08 PM
darian_hagen_9 is on a distinguished road
Default Another aftermarket tach Q.

okay guys (and girls), i went out and bought myself an aftermarket tach for my 96 blazer, 4dr., 4x4. i have all wires hooked up and working, except for that (sometimes) nasty "tach signal" wire. I've read about the white wire connected to the computer (sorry if computer isnt the correct term) that's behind the passenger-side kick panel inside. so i've tried this, with no such luck. i have also read about the white wire on the distributor, but, i cant seem to get to those wires at all. so question is, whats plan "C"? or can anybody correct me on any above methods? any help would be great, because i dont really want to pay a shop to do it, i'm more of a DIY'er. thanks in advance guys!

Old 02-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Beginning Member
1992blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by darian_hagen_9
okay guys (and girls), i went out and bought myself an aftermarket tach for my 96 blazer, 4dr., 4x4. i have all wires hooked up and working, except for that (sometimes) nasty "tach signal" wire. I've read about the white wire connected to the computer (sorry if computer isnt the correct term) that's behind the passenger-side kick panel inside. so i've tried this, with no such luck. i have also read about the white wire on the distributor, but, i cant seem to get to those wires at all. so question is, whats plan "C"? or can anybody correct me on any above methods? any help would be great, because i dont really want to pay a shop to do it, i'm more of a DIY'er. thanks in advance guys!
Im not pro, But i had got one for my 92 blazer and i had to patch in from behind the dash, (i have digital dash that has a tach in it) and i went off that. But from what im told the patch in for you is on the distributor. get up under the hood there and dig lol move some of that black casing and you will find it. and if all hell breaks loose your two friends can help you... the forum and...