Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Best way ~ Wiring on roof (led light bar) into cab?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Starting Member
Captain Kirk is on a distinguished road
Default Best way ~ Wiring on roof (led light bar) into cab?

Looking for ideas/suggestions on how best to get wires from roof rack mounted light bars into the cab on my 4 Dr blazer.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:44 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

My last setup I ran behind the molding along the side of the windshield and the door weatherstripping. I set it up without cutting or drilling any holes in the roof. Hid the wires pretty well, but they had a tendency to work they're way out every once in a while...

I ended up removing that light bar later on so it worked out great. The setup I'm planning now though will require drilling and sealing the roof... There will be multiple light bars on the roof, facing forward, backward, left, and right, all mounting to a roof rack. There will be a 4 gauge power and 4 gauge ground running up the passenger side just behind the rear seat area and I'll pass it up through the roof, have an auxiliary fuse and relay box mounting in a box in the roof rack, a multi-conductor wire running from the control box down through the roof as well to switches in the cab to control all the lights individually from in the cab. But that'll certainly be more work than tucking some wires behind some weatherstripping lol

Old 12-08-2017, 12:22 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

When I read this I began to wonder if there would be some way to bring your wires up through where the roof rack is mounted. This could provide an extra degree of sealing along with hiding any hole in the roof under the roof rack mounting bracket.

Old 12-30-2017, 12:57 PM
Starting Member
Captain Kirk is on a distinguished road

For the lights above the driver came down between driver front and back door and hid in weatherstripping. for light above the cargo door/tailgate i came in where the wire for the 3rd/high mounted brake light does...worked perfect in both cases and i didnt have to drill any new holes.