Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Blinker Flasher?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:02 AM
JohnA is on a distinguished road
Default Blinker Flasher?

I just bought a 1996 Blazer LT 4dr, needs TLC and one of the problems is that the blinker lights will light up but won't flash, so I bought a new flasher and don't feel like tearing it apart to find out where it goes, I'd rather just take off what needs to come off to get to it, so my question is can anyone tell me where it goes?Also I keep hearing this clicking noise in the dash like a relay, when the car is motionless it doesn't click that much but as soon as the car is moved or even shakin it's starts to click, HELP!

Thanks
JohnA

Old 03-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Does it start/stop clicking if you press on the brakes? Do your hazards work and does messing with the hazard switch cause the turn signals to start functioning properly? If so, the flasher module isn't the problem and it likely is the hazard switch portion of the multifunction switch.

The flasher modules are both located in the power distribution center which is behind the knee bolster under the driver side dash. The flasher modules will be just to the left of the ash tray.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:21 PM
JohnA is on a distinguished road

Thanks Swartlkk, do you know if both flashera are the same part # because I bought one for blinkers, gonna work on this after work and put new wheel bearings on the passenger side for now to keep her going, then the other side and new tie rods, I'm sure I'll be on here for a while thanks again.

JohnA

Old 03-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if they are the same PN. A quick search on RockAuto.com or any other online parts retailer's website should get that answer for you though.