Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Cluster Conversion...

Old 07-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road
Default Cluster Conversion...

Hey guys,
I have a 95, and i was wonder if it is possible to switch the cluster to one with an rpm guage. Is it all the same size and would the wire cluster have the connections?

Old 07-23-2011, 04:31 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by MikeRo
Hey guys,
I have a 95, and i was wonder if it is possible to switch the cluster to one with an rpm guage. Is it all the same size and would the wire cluster have the connections?
1995-1997 chevy blazer gauge cluster without tach:

1995-1997 chevy blazer gauge cluster with tach:

Will they work? YES! YOU ARE IN LUCK! YAY! I am actually considering doing this now too lol.

Here is a thread that answers your question if you want to go into detail about somebody who has installed this.

Just get the donor cluster out of the same model range from 1995-1997 and drop it in, no extra wiring needed!

Clicky for joy-e

I wonder about one thing though. The mileage on your truck will be different if you switch out the gauge clusters. So if you ever go to sell it, ??? I guess the buyer will be screwed if the donor cluster has really low miles.

Last edited by tibby; 07-23-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 07-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Starting Member

This is Good News, i did a quick search and didn't see that thread. Now i want to get to the junkyard ASAP

I was wondering how hard it would be to manually change the mileage, because i would really like to keep the correct mileage.

On a side but related note:

My current gas gauge is horrendous, like top 3rd of the guage is actually 70% of the gas. So the bottom half drops out very quickly, will this swap correct this or is that a computer/sensor in the tank issue?

Old 07-24-2011, 12:29 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

This is Good News, i did a quick search and didn't see that thread. Now i want to get to the junkyard ASAP

I was wondering how hard it would be to manually change the mileage, because i would really like to keep the correct mileage.

On a side but related note:

My current gas gauge is horrendous, like top 3rd of the guage is actually 70% of the gas. So the bottom half drops out very quickly, will this swap correct this or is that a computer/sensor in the tank issue?

i dont think its possible to keep the same mileage. i heard its illegal to do

Old 07-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
i dont think its possible to keep the same mileage. i heard its illegal to do
I meant like switch the new cluster to my current mileage, i am sure its "illegal" to sell the car advertised with lower miles than it actually has.
When i get my hands on one I'm going to check if i can get to the miles and adjust them manually to the miles that are on my truck

Old 07-24-2011, 11:04 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

i dont know you can try but ask around 1st

Old 07-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Default .

Can you go into more detail about your gas issue? Does it move around crazily like mine? lol

Cause that is a fuel sending unit issue.

And let me know what you are gonna do about your cluster conversion. I am interested in doing this too.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:22 PM
BF Guru

Let me know if you could change the mileage on it

Old 07-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by tibby
Can you go into more detail about your gas issue? Does it move around crazily like mine? lol

Cause that is a fuel sending unit issue.

And let me know what you are gonna do about your cluster conversion. I am interested in doing this too.

No its really consistent, its almost like the whole scale is shifted to the full side.....
so i stay on "F" for like 150 miles, then is starts to come down, maybe 275 at half, and then starts to head toward empty really quick. The bottom half of the gauge in reality is like 50miles...

Currently plan is junkyard on Wednesday...I'll let you guys know if i find one and what i do.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Default .

No its really consistent, its almost like the whole scale is shifted to the full side.....
so i stay on "F" for like 150 miles, then is starts to come down, maybe 275 at half, and then starts to head toward empty really quick. The bottom half of the gauge in reality is like 50miles...

Currently plan is junkyard on Wednesday...I'll let you guys know if i find one and what i do.
Hmmm... have you or anyone else that has worked on your vehicle accidently hit the gas gauge needle? I know this is a weird question, but just wondering lol.

And yay for the junkyard. Let me know how it goes. And if you find one and get her in there, pics are definitely a must.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cluster Conversion...