Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Cluster Conversion...

Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

I don't believe anyone hit the needle but i am not the first owner so who knows......

Sorry no junkyard yet, car is in the shop alternator died

Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Starting Member

Hey guys,

So i picked out a new cluster today, and had no trouble removing it and my old one. In terms of changing the mileage i found that the numbers will not roll backwards, which was expected. However by undoing the whole assembly i was able to switch the number spools around so the new gauge now reads the correct mileage. The only problem was that inorder to do this i had to remove the needles. Now that it is all plugged all the lights work but all the gauges are wrong and out of place.

Anyone know how to reset the guages?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeRo
Hey guys,

So i picked out a new cluster today, and had no trouble removing it and my old one. In terms of changing the mileage i found that the numbers will not roll backwards, which was expected. However by undoing the whole assembly i was able to switch the number spools around so the new gauge now reads the correct mileage. The only problem was that inorder to do this i had to remove the needles. Now that it is all plugged all the lights work but all the gauges are wrong and out of place.

Anyone know how to reset the guages?
Please do not double post your questions.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:39 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Some people say its imposable to change the mileage on it . who knows tho

Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Some people say its imposable to change the mileage on it . who knows tho
I changed the spools of numbers out moving my actual miles into the new cluster....

I tinkered with it for a while and it is pretty much impossible to roll them, but swapping the pieces was really easy....when i find my camera i will put up some pics of what i did