Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Electrical connector on top of ac compressor

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 05:40 PM
stacbug77 is on a distinguished road
Default Electrical connector on top of ac compressor

I replaced the a/c compressor last summer, but the connector thats on the top has never fit properly. What is that connector called? I'm trying to buy one to have it replaced but dont know what its called.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The compressor clutch connector perhaps?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 AM

Yes it is that. My clutch stops moving when the connector doesn't sit right. But I'm not finding a part named by that anywhere online.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What are you driving? Year at a minimum, but the more info the better!

ACDelco.com has a parts catalog and it shows the clutch connector under the Heating/AC - AC Clutch and Parts section. PN PT209 is applicable to 1995-2001

Old 06-23-2011, 10:26 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Just my two cents. Im cheap. I am the first to admit it. BUT I am not afraid to spend money on a good quality part when needed.

I LOVE to junk yard shop. I have found wrecked Blazers that had brand new front wheel bearings and brake rotors on them...So, If you feel adventurous and need a good reason to get out of the house from the old lady, Take a walk down to the junk yard with a set of wire cutters and find whatever you need.

Have fun!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:41 AM

It's a 1998 2wd Chevy blazer 6 cyl. I might have to do the junk yard. Just leary of it...I'm a girl lol

Old 06-24-2011, 11:45 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

You have my respect that you work on your own stuff. My Ex-wife had helped me rebuild motors when we were dating and has changed out the alternator and even ignition switch on her 99 jimmy while stuck 1200 miles away from home. Hell, I havent even done an ignition switch!

Im in Ohio, Never been to the land of fruits and nuts so I am not sure what the situation might be with your junk yards. Around here we have a chain of junk yards called Pull_a_Part. The majority of the employees are women. Best place I have ever gone for parts. Clean and organized and very well priced.

I bet you could walk into most any yard and get help if you ask for it.

All you really need to take would be wire cutters and a few bucks.

Let me know how your new adventure goes!