Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Few minor problems, need help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:03 PM
01TrailBlaze is on a distinguished road
Default Few minor problems, need help!!!!!

Ok, so I own a 2001 Blazer TrailBlazer, the TrailBlaze as I cal her. I have a few issues with her I cannot solve.

First off, the oil pressure gauge. I had an '02 S10 that did the same thing. As I am at an idle, it is kind of jumpy. Like its moving a teeny bit. Goes up as I accelerate and down as I descend in speed. Is this a Chevy glitch or something?? Nothing has changed. She has a fresh oil change, intake gaskets, top of the line tune up (at 140K miles she was bone stock under the hood from the coil to the spark plugs), new battery, radiator, basically new everything. The list of what I haven't fixed is much shorter.

Second, the heat. I have an automatic climate control. I put it on 82 on the torso recirculating the heat and its fine. But way too warm to use all the time. 81, barely warm. I replaced the sensor up by the overhead where I open the sun roof and it is better but still not right.

Third, the dome light is on ALL the time. I have to keep the dome override on or else I would have a dead battery. I recently had the doorsagging fixed because the previous owner just Jimmy Rigged it instead of fixing it prperly. We could hav used the shimeze product for a $20 fix, but lack of maintenance led to a $200 fix (I higly recommend NOT letting a sagging door go. Shimeze is a quick no mechanic needed fix). The locking mechanism broke inside the door but I don't know if the two are connected in any way.

Fourth and final, my back glass. I press the button on my keypad, it comes open. And the dash. But not the button on the back on the outisde. I replaced the button and all the wirng looks find that I can see. Any idea or is it just in the wiring??