Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Firewall Wire Routing

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 11:35 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dayman
Im curous if its possible that this goes to the hood switch to control the light
I just went and looked at mine. The light under the hood has the switch built into it, and a single black wire to power it. So, probably not.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:39 PM
Dayman is on a distinguished road

So i went out last night to trace the wire through the firewall and discovered that someone before me had installed an aftermarket remote start so that could be what its from. Where it came into the firewall there was a circle cut in the foam which was placed back over it but I dont believe its factory.

I also discovered that my vacuum reservoir was destroyed to I ordered a replacement but I am curious if that grommet is in fact OEM or if the vacuum line for the ac comes through with the wire harness. I have looked all over and I cant find much information on the HVAC vacuum line and how/where it goes through the firewall.

Ill attach the photos

Close up view of pottential HVAC vacuum line

Wide view of pottential HVAC vacuum line

Grommet for mystery wire, or possibly vacuum line

Old 08-29-2022, 12:52 PM
Dayman is on a distinguished road

Someone on a seperate thread confirmed it was but Im not sure if anyone knows where I can find the replacement hose that goes to this. I believe theres one with a green and one with a red connector. Any help is appreciated