Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

How do you get these lights to work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Starting Member
nomoresubies is on a distinguished road
Default How do you get these lights to work?

Non working fog lamps and marker lamps.
Have a 2001 ZR2. Have factory Fog lights but don't see any switch in the cab to turn them on. What am I missing here? Secondly, There are amber marker lights on the outside corners of the front blinkers that never come on. How are these activated and what are they for? (see photos)
Thanks.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:14 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Are those fog-lights original to your Blazer? A check of the RPO code could help. That might explain it.

On my Blazer, the fog-light option is listed as the following in the RPO code list:
"PACKAGE,AIR DEFLECTOR AND FOG LAMPS A/DFL & FOG LP PKG(ANL)"

Excerpt from 1999 Owners Manual

Old 06-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Starting Member

So THAT'S what that's for... Unfortunately that switch will not activate the fog lights.

Any intel about the lights on the far outside?

Also, I was given this little black box with the truck. Any idea what and where?

Last edited by nomoresubies; 06-04-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:09 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by nomoresubies
So THAT'S what that's for... Unfortunately that switch will not activate the fog lights.

Any intel about the lights on the far outside?

Also, I was given this little black box with the truck. Any idea what and where?

I believe that is the Body Control Module (BCC) that controls things like the exterior and interior lights. It lives under the dash just above the transmission hump.The BCC could be different depending on the options ordered with the truck.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:12 PM
BF Veteran

Oh, and because the fog lights are part of the exterior lighting, it wouldn't be surprised if the outside lights might not work if that was not the original light fixture.

So, did your truck originally come with the foglight switch or was it added later? If added later, the original BCC might not know what to do with a signal from it. Or perhaps the replacement BCC was given to you as an intended replacement for a bad BCC.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:47 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I know about the fog lights, and signal lights, theres low beams and high beams, and the side marker on the headlight part. But that last one on the side of the signal light, I dont have that light...

Old 06-05-2019, 12:42 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
I know about the fog lights, and signal lights, theres low beams and high beams, and the side marker on the headlight part. But that last one on the side of the signal light, I dont have that light...
There isn't a light there, unless it's been customized.

I've seen S-10 pickups with switchback lights there....kinda fancy.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:12 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by christine_208
I believe that is the Body Control Module (BCC) that controls things like the exterior and interior lights. It lives under the dash just above the transmission hump.The BCC could be different depending on the options ordered with the truck.

Well, tried replacing this module with the original to see if it would allow the fog lamps to function. (Which was I think original intent of the seller.) Lights were coming and going as I unplugged and re-plugged it in. However, the vehicle would no longer start with the new unit. All was fine when the original was put back in. Either it is malfunctioning or just the wrong one. Any body want it?