Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Installed New Heater Core - Lost Wipers/Interior Lights/Air Motor - Everything

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

found this using the search feature the forum provides

https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...elp-bcm-53170/

and heres an link of your other thread on the same problem
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...rything-67762/

Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Beginning Member
James Taylor is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
found this using the search feature the forum provides

https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...elp-bcm-53170/

and heres an link of your other thread on the same problem
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...rything-67762/
Thanks! I"ll take another look. I made a 2nd thread because I thought I posted this in the wrong section. I'm new here so trying to learn where the appropriate sub forums are.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Beginning Member
James Taylor is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
I gave you something to work with on Your OTHER thread about the same problem

But I DO have a rhetorical question of sorts:

If the thing was connected .. and I'm sure it was... and it's of X length; Meant for a connector on another harness of X length.. which somehow got misplaced, then.. hmmm what's the question again?

It seems to me you want us to tell you where you lost it. I told you the mating end travels toward the column and center of the dash

Pull all the bottom panels get on your back with a light and grope around until you find the mating floppy bundle of wires terminating in probaaly another black connector
1) Want to know if anyone knows what the specific wire I showed in the pic (which is unplugged at the moment) actually does... and by doing so, helping me see if the issues I'm having are related to this plug being disconnected

2) looking for help in FINDING the "mating end." I looked under the bottom panels underneath the steering wheel, I don't see it. I looked where I would naturally assume it should be based on the length, I don't see it. It runs out of the fuse box, that's all I know at this point. I figured it'd be easy to find, but it isn't. I'm looking for help.

Thanks.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:36 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Okay.. see all those fuses at the bottom of the drawing. If you have a meter or test lite.. measure from the little dimple on top each side of the fuses shown, to a metal part, with the key on.

I'm thinking you will not see voltage on either side. That means those fuses is POWERED from the ign sw, which is on the column and the body relay block which is under the pass side of the dash There is probably a pigtail out of a big bundle with another mating connecotr on it between the end you have and the steering column.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Beginning Member
lancelot136 is on a distinguished road

I don't want to sound like an advertisement for auto zone but if you check out this link, you will find wiring diagrams for your vehicle, I don't even shop there but the only place I could find "FREE" wiring diagrams.

Code:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/free-vehicle-repair-guides-67750/
I checked and your vehicle is listed there!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:19 PM
JamesTaylor is on a distinguished road

Ok, I found the cable connection !!! So that's great.

Hooked everything up... but, still no heat. Car is blowing cold air.

Any recommendations? I noticed my coolant level is near non-existent, and I have mostly water in there now. First course of action is getting some DexCool in there?

Any other suggestions I may try or why I still may not be getting hot air? Brand new heater core in there now...

Thanks everyone! So glad you all helped me find this connection, life saver!!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

you might have air in the system

try burping it and filling her up

on an other note is the heater core lines getting warm ?

Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Is the electrical connector connected to the blend door actuator located on top of the HVAC housing accessible by dropping the glove box out of the way? THIS POST has pictures showing it's location.

BTW, why do you have two usernames???

Old 02-15-2012, 06:42 PM
JamesTaylor is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
you might have air in the system

try burping it and filling her up

on an other note is the heater core lines getting warm ?
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't know what it means to "burp" it or how I do this. I know close to nothing about cars, sorry. Can you clarify?

The lines or hoses going from the under the hood into the firewall? Both hoses are warm, yes. In fact, i can feel warm air in the vents before I actually turn on the fan/vent switch... once I turn it on, it blows cold air. But seems like warm air is inside the vents BEFORE I turn the fan on. hmm?

I need to put coolant in as well, so I'm trying to decide if I should use Dex-Cool or Prestone or regular antifreeze etc... so many opinions out there. Might go with the Dex-Cool. I believe I had PEAK Coolant in the system previously... not sure if I can mix Dex-Cool now? I know, I'm all over the place, apologies.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

coolant is what makes warm air thru ur heater, no or low coolant=no heat from heater. use peak, its what u had in there before.

Quick Reply: Installed New Heater Core - Lost Wipers/Interior Lights/Air Motor - Everything