Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Installed New Heater Core - Lost Wipers/Interior Lights/Air Motor - Everything

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
JamesTaylor is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Is the electrical connector connected to the blend door actuator located on top of the HVAC housing accessible by dropping the glove box out of the way? THIS POST has pictures showing it's location.

BTW, why do you have two usernames???
OK, I don't know. I can tell you the glove box is still off because there was 1 wire we couldnt find where it plugs into (in addition to the wire that we found that controlled the wipers and interior lights and radio etc). Could this be the "electrical connector" you mean?

I have a hanging wire on the passenger side under the glove box.

I apologize for 2 user names, I had difficulty accessing pages using my other name when logging in through yahoo, so to get around that I registered a true user name. If I broke forum rules I apologize, it was not intentional. Thank you for your assistance

Old 02-15-2012, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by duxtoyz
coolant is what makes warm air thru ur heater, no or low coolant=no heat from heater. use peak, its what u had in there before.
Thank you. The manual says it recommends Dex-Cool, so I wanted to follow what the GM manual said. But then I read you shouldn't mix. So now I'm like wtf do I do.

Will it really make that big of a difference, if I use PEAK vs. PRESTONE vs. DEX-COOL vs. a purple elephant?

I have 180K miles on it and I'm just trying to keep it in decent condition for another couple years. I don't want to create more issues with adding incorrect coolant because I'm getting antsy about having heat back. I'm trying to do this as correct as possible, if there is a correct way.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:46 PM

Ok, so I put PEAK 50/50 in my system and here's where I'm at...

When I put the front defroster on high (highest fan setting and highest temperature setting), the front vents (vents that would blow on your face) blow some warmish to hot air.

When I have the setting any other way (eg if I put it to the regular blow hot air from the top vents or the bottom vents) it blows straight cold air.

Anyone have any idea what may be the issue? There is DEFINITELY some warm air coming out of the front/upper vents when the dial is set to the front defrost setting. I got very happy thinking I finally had heat, but when I use the regular dial setting (meaning not the defroster but just the normal setting for wanting heat from the vents) it blows cold air. I'm stumped. Hopefully you guys know what's up...

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:43 PM

Anyone have any ideas? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

Old 02-22-2012, 08:29 PM
wretchedsmurf is on a distinguished road

Still sounds like your blend door actuator since its not stopping the cold air. If both coolant lines in the engine compartment are getting hot then it's flowing thru the heater core fine. And of course you still need enough coolant in the 1st place.