Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

LED light bar on blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 11:01 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

We just drilled holes that were just a little bit smaller then popped the nuts in and they expanded tight and don’t move now

Old 09-21-2017, 11:05 PM

The cover came from brute force covers use code “tds” if it still works it’s 15% off. The cops here like nailing people with light bars without a cover and it save from rocks

Old 09-22-2017, 08:16 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hadyss
The cover came from brute force covers use code “tds” if it still works it’s 15% off. The cops here like nailing people with light bars without a cover and it save from rocks

I was wondering about that. Why do the cops nail people without the covers out of curiosity?

Old 09-22-2017, 08:28 AM

Idiots drive around with their light bars on so it’s a safety prevention thing

Old 09-22-2017, 08:33 AM

The law here is u can have anything on in the daytime as long as it’s at your headlights or lower. You don’t have to have a cover for anything above just can’t have it on while driving in the city some people do so they have been giving tickets for not having a cover now

Old 09-22-2017, 10:50 AM

ooooh okay, that makes since...

I see guys with light bars turned on in the middle of the day driving around here every once in a while.I give them a couple flashes with mine to sort of say "hey your light bar is on". Sometimes they take the hint, but most don't lol

Old 09-22-2017, 10:52 AM

The covers are nice it’s like a vinyl cover that wraps around it and it gets rid of the wind whistle from it. You can get them in green to

Old 09-22-2017, 04:17 PM

Post a pic once you get it all installed

Old 09-22-2017, 06:34 PM

Okay I went ahead and tackled it this afternoon when I got home from work I'm MUCH happier with how it's mounted now... So this method works for a 50" curved too. Probably about as wide of a bar you can fit on these bodies without it starting to sick out on the sides and looking goofy.

It's up high enough now so there's no wiper blade interference which is nice :P and actually looks a little better too.

Some of the rubber weather stripping was coming loose as the old double sided trim tape that holds it on was starting to let loose. So I removed all the old stuff (that was fun...), cleaned up the surface with some thinner once I had the brackets and bar all mounted up, stuck on some new 3M trim tape, and stuck the weatherstripping back into place. Was nice that I had some replacement strips that screw onto the sides of the pillar that run down the windshield, since I hacked my originals up with my previous install...

For alignment, I just aligned the forward edge of the bracket up with the body seam that connects the roof to the pillar. With the overlap and joint there, I didn't put a nutsert and bolt on the forward most mounting hole, as you might notice. But the other two provide PLENTY of rigidity as-is so I don't think it'll be an issue. You can also sort of notice the bend that has to be made in the bracket to match the curvature of the door opening on the body so the bracket will sit flush on it. Mostly on the rear of the bracket bending outwards, and the front has to be bend inwards just a hair. It's much easier to get it to fit the bar though once the brackets are actually mounted to the truck. Then you can work them a little bit so they match up with the width of the bar much easier.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:40 PM

That looks much better. Just takes a little bit of work but can be done lol I’m thinking of going to a 50 so it sticks out from my windshield more

Quick Reply: LED light bar on blazer?